1. ronix

ronix Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Terabethia likes this.
  2. LancerzEvo

LancerzEvo Well-Known Member

3. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

LOL, and with all the people pulling their hair out, "am I going to get a SLCD?" "how can i tell if my INC has a SLCD or AMOLED?"

All that worry for nothing.

4. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

several of us tried to tell everyone that it hadn't changed and wouldn't without an announcement....good to see the Inc. will stay Inc.

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

If there was ever a thread that needed to be stickied, bolded and turned bright red and glowing, this is it :D

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. Roller

Roller Well-Known Member

This should help out the availability of the Incredible.

7. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member

*Beleted*

8. ThatBostonGuy

ThatBostonGuy Member

If the SLCD screen has the same or similar display quality but offers better battery life, I fail to see why everyone would be freaking out over it in the first place.

9. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

If I understand Ronix's reasoning for his claim, there STILL is no guarantee that the screen for the Inc couldn't change. They didn't specifically mention the Inc and what screen it will have. None of the articles I've read on the same topic mentioned the Inc one way or the other.

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

11. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

I do not get that conclusion from "Interestingly, HTC's statement says nothing of the Droid Incredible..."? It could just as easily be that they felt the change in screens for the Incredible had been already been made clear and thus felt no need to mention it. I'll wait for a more definitive response, or at least Verizon's web site going back to including AMOLED in the description of the Incredible, before jumping to conclusions one way or the other.

12. Terabethia

IMO, I think this IS the definitive response. Keep in mind that neither HTC nor Verizon EVER once said that there would be a change. It was reported on a news site (with no confirmed source I might add) and everyone took it to be a fact.

So far this has been the only actual word from HTC about any sort of change. And I don't see why they would state that they are doing it for two of their phones if they actually plan to do it for three.

13. OwaN

OwaN Member

Exactly, it seems like they are weaseling out of making a definitive call on the Inc. All this tells us is that we can be 100% sure of the N1 and desire getting SLCD's. HTC just may be putting off the decision or announcement (one way or the other) about the Inc. I imagine that if they were really sure they were going to stick with AMOLED for the Inc they'd say so in this press-release just to quell the rumors.

That said, the description on Verizon's site doesn't mean anything to me. Their specs are noob friendly to say the least and they may have removed the OLED reference to reduce customer confusion

14. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

this does not mean the incredible will not be getting one... but this will help the numbers

15. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Just because there's no mention does not mean it won't be going SLCD eventually, itself. It's just not first in line at the moment and they're remaining tight lipped until they decide.

16. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Super LCD looks impressive, as good as AMOLED.

17. earthtodigi

earthtodigi Active Member

I would trade my AMOLED Incredible for an SLCD in a heartbeat, I hate the stupid pentile, dotted line look.

I really don't think they are gonna keep using AMOLED for just the Incredible either, that would make no sense. Even though they mentioned the Nexus One, why would they keep producing a phone that is no longer for sale? I think you all are reading too far into this announcement.

18. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

A. The N1 is for sale overseas and with whatever carriers picked it up.
    B. They could bring it to other carriers (TMO ?)

On a related note, anybody have a link to a GOOD article about the the N1's death? Most of them I've found have been riff with inaccuracies (To quote... "Also, when I chatted with a couple of T-Mobile sales leads, both noted that at its release, there were better phones available in stores than the Nexus One" What a laugh [note: they're talking about Tmobile, not Verizon. I don't want Droid v. N1 debates here).

19. Snake05

Snake05 Member

deleted

20. smacky

smacky Banned

21. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

Me too. But SLCD will probably give us true 24 bit 16 million colors instead of 65,000 - 262,000 colors. AMOLED and even Super AMOLED is way over-rated in my book. Pentile Matrix is crap.

Because people like the over-saturated vibrant colors. I take text legibility, out-door performance, broader color depth, and color accuracy over "vibrant" any day of the week.

22. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

The ship date has been sitting at Aug 3rd for a while. They may very well have cleared the back order themselves.

23. smacky

smacky Banned

Well what's kept them on back order are the AMOLED screens. It's been long enough for those that ordered their phone a week after it was released and are still waiting. It doesn't make sense to keep THEM waiting while international customers with the Desire and N1 all of a sudden start getting theirs in huge numbers because of a change in screen.

The Incredible, in my opinion, should get the SLCDs as well, they just may not announce it. Yet.

24. Terabethia

Bolding is mine...

You do realize that the 8/3 release date you see on the site now only applies to orders placed today, right? And it's been sitting like that for almost 2 weeks now.

People who ordered their phone a week after release already have it and have had it for quite a while. I ordered 6/19 and got it 7/14 (est. arrival at that time was 7/20).

They may do it for the Incredible, they may not. I'm sure it's something they are considering. One thing is clear though, they have NOT made a decision one way or the other.

25. alarson83

alarson83 Well-Known Member

That assumes that all those waiting for an incredible would want the switch from amoled to slcd to get their phone sooner.