No "Sync Groups" optionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. stangmatt66

stangmatt66 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I've had my Eris since the week it came out and it has the People > Groups > Sync Groups option, however a friend of mine just got an Eris and his phone does not have this option and is syncing ALL of his gmail contacts. His groups screen only has the option to add or delete groups.

The only difference I can think is that I did not have Verizon transfer my contacts from my blackberry to my Eris, he did.

Has anyone else seen an Eris without the "Sync Groups" option? How can we get it back??

Advertisement
  2. stangmatt66

bump

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

My guess is that nobody else has this problem. I know that I do not. Are your friend's contacts phone contacts or Google contacts? (Mine are all Google.)

Also, in the phone settings > Data synchronization > Google, does your friend have the "Background data" and "Contacts" checked?

4. stangmatt66

All his contacts are Google contacts and yes, background data and contacts are both checked. It's very strange that our phones are the same, but he's missing this important option.

I checked another friend's Eris last night and it too is missing the sync groups option. He too had verizon transfer his contacts from his blackberry to his eris.