• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Sync in Kies 3 for Note 3

Sorry if I've missed a thread, but the Note 3 requires a new Kies, v3. Downloaded, no problem, connects with my new Note, no problem.

But, no sync tab available!

Have spoken to Samsung support, who know nothing about it. Read a thread somewhere else that says Samsung are aware, and working on a new version.

Sounds crazy they have released a new phone and management software that doesn't (fully) work!

I realise that I can probably sync through other means, but this is the best for me and my other devices.

Apparently you need Kies 3 and after doing some googling it's only in beta form but they posted the download link in an XDA forum Kies 3.0 (download link) needed for note 3 - xda-developers .... I just used it and it does everything except Network settings, Accounts, and I forgot the third thing....If you just doing media and texts then your good. I am in the process of downloading my apps Play didn't auto download and setting up other stuff. Kinda sucks Samsung dropped the ball on having Kies fully operational before launch...oh well...

Upvote 0
I wanted to add a comment and ask a question about Kies and the Note 3. In terms of the download, it looks like you will need to download Kies 3.0 from the Samsung UK web site (not the US site) which is where that link will ultimately take you to.

I backed up my Galaxy S2 using Kies 2.6, and then restored it to my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 using Kies 3.0. My question is this - it looks like all of my text messages have transferred to the Note 3 (except for some reason, it did not transfer any of the picture messages - MMS), but none of the names were transferred over. To explain, if I go into my 'Contacts' this is empty, but in 'Messages', I only see are the telephone numbers for each text message instead of the name.

In my S2, it looks like all of my contacts were stored as 'MobileLife Contacts' - I'm guessing this probably has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Sorry if I've missed a thread, but the Note 3 requires a new Kies...

But, no sync tab available!

Have spoken to Samsung support, who know nothing about it.

In the mean time, use CompanionLink to sync. Support 4.3, 4.4 and all older devices running Android OS 1.6 and higher.

Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, Journal, and Categories are supported. Your choice of USB, WiFi or Cloud sync. Free US-based telephone support, so you can get a hold of us if you need to.

Outlook sync for Android 4.3 and Android 4.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones