No text message alert sound for only one person, why??!Support

Last Updated:

1. tr0niC

tr0niC Member This Topic's Starter

Ive searched through the forums, and no one seems to have this exact question. When everyone other than my girlfriend texts me, my phone vibrates and plays the notification sound. Now, when my girlfriend texts me, I get no vibration, AND no sound. The only thing I could think of is that I gave my girlfriend a custom ringtone I made with ringdroid, but that wouldnt make any sense since its for a call, not a text. Please help me, shes getting mad at me when I respond 2 hours later...haha.

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

haha. Is she saved to the phone/gmail/or what?

If she is saved to both, you'll need to go into both sets of options. One on the "phone" and one on the "google".

This should fix your problem then your girlie won't hate ya :p

3. tr0niC

Explain why she is linked with google or whatever...(new droid user..) I unlinked the account, does that fix it?

4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

It may help. But, if she is on your phone with 2 profiles, one being the "phone" and the other "google" you'll need to change the settings for her custom ringtone on each.

5. tr0niC

Okay, its still not working. She only has one account, "Phone Contact," and still no sound, no vibrate, no nothing. But everyone else that texts me, rings and vibrates....help!

6. tr0niC

Someone please help me with this. I just deleted her entire contact info and had her text me, and it still does not ring or vibrate! What is going on, seriously? Im about to return this phone if this doesnt get figured out.

7. tr0niC

Anyone...:/