No Text Notification Sounds in Nonsensikal v13.7

Last Updated:

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just flashed Nonsensikal v13.7 last night and since I am not getting any text message notification sounds. If I happen to get a notification sound, it is the default notification sound I set for my emails, et cetera. I use Handcent and have from the beginning. I set, reset, and reset my Handcent notification sound to be "pixie dust" but like I said, I'm not getting any notification sounds for my texts.

Is anyone else having this issue on Nonsensikal? I didn't have this issue with version 12.5. Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks! :)

UPDATE: Now I'm not getting ANY notification sounds - just vibrate and my volume is turned up all of the way.

Advertisement
  2. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

Where is 13.7? I don't see it listed on XDA or droid eris.com, just 13.2.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

3. knitpurlgurl

The link on XDA says 13.2, but when I clicked to download, the file says 13.7 and on my "About Phone" screen, it says: ModVersion: CyanogenMod-Nonsensikal-v13.7

4. CTM

CTM Well-Known Member

im running 13.7 and not having any issues. maybe try resetting your phone it might help might not.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

Those running 13.7 haven't noticed any battery issues? I know 13.2 was really hurting my battery compared to previous builds.

Thanks for the feedback.

6. knitpurlgurl

I'm re-wiping and re-flashing to see if it helps.

UPDATE: Wiped the Data Factory & Dalvik and re-flashed Nonsensikal v13.7. STILL no notification sounds at all. Going to try to flash Nonsensikal 12.5 and see if the notification sounds come back.

UPDATE: Wiped and re-flashed v12.5 (didn't do a restore to see if it was an issue with my phone or the ROM). The notification sounds came back. Stumped why I had this problem with v13.7.

7. royalewihcheese

royalewihcheese Member

I noticed 13.7 a few days ago, but there's no blurb on the bugfix list about what it is or what it does (I'd assume it's about a week more current in the CM nightlies), so I'm sticking with 13.2 for a while. And no battery life hit, much the opposite for me. Course, I'm using the 1750 battery, and I just recalibrated it, so . . . it's doing quite well :D

8. knitpurlgurl

Okay - so basically, I went to the grdlock.net site and I happened to want the Vanilla v13.2 and downloaded Vanilla v13.7. Sikyou says that (he) forgot about the 13.7 and it was there because (he) had been testing it. So, I wouldn't download v13.7. LOL! I just downloaded v13.2 and will flash it. This many very well be the reason I had no notification sounds. :eek:

9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

KPG, thanks for letting us know. I had downloaded 13.7 also but hadn't flashed it yet. I'll go back and download 13.2.