No text plan, is there and APP to send Media to others?

Last Updated:

1. ScuroRaven

ScuroRaven Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do not have a text plan, and use TextPlus for texting, but is there an app to send photos/videos to someone else phones??

Advertisement
  2. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I've never used it but I thought I heard that Google Voice can do that stuff. Maybe not though.

3. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

you can use dropbox but the other person needs to have dropbox too and you need to share folders.

4. nybmx

nybmx Well-Known Member

I don't know of an app but the simplest solution would be to send it through email. Is that an option for you or no? The reason I ask is most people who use MMS have smart phones which can easily access email.

5. ScuroRaven

She has a messaging phone not a smart phone. There are somethings I have on my phone that she would like on hers so trying to find a way to send to hers. for some reason my phone does not detect hers over bluetooth.

6. Smoghog

Smoghog Well-Known Member

She needs to turn on bluetooth and make sure her phone is set to be discoverable, then you shouldn't have any trouble connecting

And regarding the dropbox approach mentioned above, you could install dropbox and use the public folder, that way the other person wouldn't need dropbox, too. You can just send them a direct link to the file.

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

The bluetooth method is your best bet. I know BT can be finicky but just keep playing with it... the implementation varies phone to phone and sometime you need to fiddle with the sequence of steps to make things work. You could also try using a PC as a middle-man if you can get the PC's BT to connect to her phone.

I recommend installing the app Bluetooth File Transfer on your Captivate. That might make things easier.

Another option is to use a MicroSD card to shuttle the files back and forth, if she has a slot for one.

8. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

The Bluetooth on the Captivate is hidden to other Bluetooth devices unless they are paired. When you make it discoverable, you only have 120 seconds before it goes hidden again.

9. baeken

baeken Member

Google voice! it uses data, so UNLIMITED TEXTS! but i think you'll have to make it a secondary number. But you can just make that your main number from now on.

10. baeken

baeken Member

oh wait...i read the whole post. i don' tthink you can do mms thru google voice.

11. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

Just send it via email to the email for her phone. Every carrier has a way to send an email to a given phone number. Who is her carrier? AT&T?

12. ScuroRaven

yes we both have ATT, her phone does not have an e-mail option.

13. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member