No Texting alert while on a call?Tips

Last Updated:

1. xvipx

xvipx Member This Topic's Starter

I notice that when im on a call and someone texts me I don't get any alert whatsoever. I have to look at my phone to see the text alert on the top bar. This is pretty silly and im hoping its just a setting that needs to be changed. Can anyone help me out on how to get the phone to beep for a text while on a call please.

Advertisement
  2. Pity410

Pity410 Active Member

I hate saying this because I feel this is something that should be available in the stock software. You can use Handcent and it has the option to sound a notification during a call.

3. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member

yeah that is odd to me that it just doesnt notify you of a message when you're on the phone...Handcent does work though?

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I like that it doesn't audibly notify. Nothing more annoying than having people hear my devices going off or vice versa. The lack of noise makes it easy for me to text while talking without the other person knowing.

5. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

If you open your messages and click Menu then go to Options there are alot of options to set to notify you when messages come in whether its a vibrate, notification alert, LED alert, and audible alert.

iamtybaby likes this.
  6. lovingtheevo

lovingtheevo New Member

I downloaded the Handcent app and it doesn't notify me when I have a text massage while on the phone. Help.

7. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Look in your settings it's there. Menu--Settings--Notification Settings--Notification Settings(again)---Sound On call(Its the second from the bottom. Check it)

iamtybaby likes this.