No txt msg sound after .3-.6 otaSupport

Last Updated:

1. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 8, 2010
    Been looking around awhile for an answer to this, but no luck, couple suggestions but nothing has worked. Since the .3 to .6 OTA update I havent been getting any sound, or vibration from the phone when I recieve a text message. I had just did a hard reset couple days before the update, everything else works fine, flash and whatnot. Im using the stock sms program, never downloaded anything for the sound, but Sound Manager was a suggestion, tried that, also tried Zedge. I tried setting my notification sound and incoming notification sound back to default sounds that came with the phone. Only thing I had done prior besides the update, is added some sounds into the media/audio/notifications folder on the SD card. Thanks for any advice, also im not rooted, obv.

*Not 30 seconds before doing a hard reset, I went in Sound Manager toggled all my sounds/vibrate off, exited, re-opened, turned them back on and turned my phone off/on. And magically I get sound/vibrate with txt now! I had reset the phone maybe 5 times this morning already, so had kind of ruled that out.