No Unlock Sound following KitKat updateGeneral

1. OldFong

OldFong New Member

I have the N9005 version of the Note3 (unlocked international). Just upgraded to KitKat. All runs well except I notice there is no longer an unlock sound. I am using a PIN to unlock and also running Button Savior with Key. Prior to the upgrade would hear a click after typing in my pin. Using the power button to lock my Note 3 I do hear a clock. So post upgrade it seems the lock sound still functions but the unlock doesnt. Have already ticked with all the relevant sound and unlock settings to no avail. Whats up? You got the same problem? Thanks in advance Braddah.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

See, we're all different. I HATE that unlock sound when you swipe and I'm glad it's going away. I also hate the beeps when I put in my pin.
  3. OldFong

OldFong New Member

Braddah, to each his own. I'm wondering if this is normal, a bug, or some conflict with one of my apps. Would like the sound back. You can easily turn yours off if you dislike it so much.
  4. yenot6691

yenot6691 New Member

I've just noticed mine too. Been fiddling el with the phone to turn it on but no luck. Must be a bug
  5. picord

picord Well-Known Member

I just turned my lock screen sound on and it's working for me after updating Im on T-Mobile
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Same here.
  7. GodXen

GodXen New Member

I found a weird solution to this. Go to settings>device>Wallpaper> home and lock screen, select live wallpaper and you will have working lock sound and unlock sound. Also sound well be different than default one.
    Hit thanks if helped :)
  8. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong New Member

I have the same problem, and see your solution. Then I follow it to test and it works. Then I notice something, which makes your solution not weird at all...

When I change the wall paper, I found that the settings -> device -> lock screen -> unlock effect is disabled. So I do the following test.

If I change back to my usual wall paper, then no unlock again. Then I leave the wall paper unchange, go to the unlock effect and set it to none. The unlock sound is exactly the same as applying your solution.

So your changing wall paper solution actually works because of its side effect that disabled the unlock effect, which is the actual cause of the unlock sound problem.

Note: my phone using language other than English, so I hope that my "translation" of the setting path is correct.