No update for X10 miniSupport

Last Updated:

1. bananclaus

bananclaus New Member This Topic's Starter

I have version 1.6 and has not been informed about the update. Manual update does not help either. Is there a way to force an update though?

Claus

Advertisement
  2. mattshaw

mattshaw Member

Mine was like this, so i went & downloaded the PC companion again direct from SE support area (even though my version was supposedly up to date). Installed it, connected my phone as always & hey presto told me that there was an update ready! 30min later i was back up & running sorting my page layouts again :)

3. bananclaus

I did try that a few times without any luck:(

Claus

4. colpolite

colpolite Active Member

The generic kits for the Nordic countries will be the very first ones out on Sunday evening and then there will be more kits coming already during Monday and then the roll-out will continue throughout the month of November.

IMPORTANT: From the SE blog, the software upgrade will be done in a phased roll-out which means that different “kits” gets the update at different times. This to secure quality in all networks and countries. So don’t get paranoid if your phone isn’t updated in the very first days – it will come!

If your phone is branded by a carrier then there is not much you can do about it because SE has no control over the update on your branded phone, it is by your carrier's decision when they will release it.

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Have you checked your SI number against the list issued yesterday on Sony Ericsson Product Blog? I posted a thread on it yesterday and gave the numbers that have been released already in numeric order.

6. bananclaus

Got the update today.
    But did wait much to long.

Tnx for your help.
    Claus

7. thomas111

thomas111 Member

can any of you that got the update did you get a text to tell you i am in the uk on the o2 network and my number on the back off my phone is not in the list of kits that was put up so hopfully i get it before next year

8. colpolite

colpolite Active Member

Is it unlock/non branded phone or is it branded?

If it is never branded and lock then the update for UK is already out

But if your x10 mini is branded version then the update is going to come from o2 network whenever they feel like releasing it and SE has no control over it

9. thomas111

thomas111 Member

thanks for replying yes its a o2 phone and i contacted o2 on Saturday they have the update and are just validating it on to the network so it will be 2 weeks