No usb connection from my i7500

Last Updated:

1. fbandroid

fbandroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there!
    I have tried several times connecting my i7500 to my PCs.
    I remember the first few times I did get the "USB connected" notification (as in http://android.riteshsahu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Notification-200x300.png ), but now I don't get that one anymore and I am getting nut on it!
    I tried with 2 winXP 32bit and 2 win7 64bit (I know is not recommended, but I ran out of XPs, so I tried!!)

I tried installing and uninstalling every sort of driver and the samsung pc studio, but it really seems like is the phone that is not cooperating much, I may have accidentally changed some configuration?
    This happens with both USB debugger option on and off.

The phone is still showing the "charging" icon when usb is connected, so I don't think it's an HW issue.

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Fabrizio

Advertisement
  2. cagefighter

cagefighter Member

did you open your notification bar after you connected the USB to the pc and phone, touch where it says "USB connected", and then choose "Mount"? that will enable you to view your phone's files.

hope this helps

3. fbandroid

Yeah, I probably wasn't much clear, sorry about it! The "USB connected" notification is exactly what I don't get... I would happily choose "mount" if I had the option, but I have nothing like that on my mobile after I connect the usb cable. I used to have that one originally, but now i don't get the notification anymore (not even using another pc).

please help :)

F.

4. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Do a factory reset, maybe that helps.

5. fbandroid

I was hoping I could avoid that... is like formatting the pc for just a little glitch... if there's no other ideas I think I will end up doing that one tho...

Thanks for the time being! :)

6. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

If you have Titanium Backup, then you can do a backup of your apps. Also you can export your contacts to SD card to not input them again .
    But if you wish to wait for some other ideas, please go ahead. :p

7. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

I'd go looking for another usb cable. It is possible to still charge and have no communications.

8. max_mctn

max_mctn Member

I'm having sort of the same issue. I bought a usb cable, it shows me the files on the phone etc. When connected, it prompted me to download the Samsung usb drivers and i did that. When i open PC Studio to connect the phone, it won't connect to Pc Studio at all. Any suggestions? Thanks.

9. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Did you mount it ?

10. max_mctn

max_mctn Member

yup, i have no prob accessing the files in the phone when i connect to the comp, just can't get pc studio to connect to the phone...when i first hooked up the phone to the comp, it downloaded the samsung usb drivers