• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No vibrate on sms notifications!?!?!

thebarbrr

Nov 13, 2009
Okay guys i recently got my droid3 swapped out because my sms vibrate did not work but everything else vibrated....now i got this droid3 and it has the same problem..i have it to always vibrate, and and vibrates on everything except on sms..i have checked to make sure that vibrate is checked in the sms settings and still does not vibrate when i recieve a text message. Does anyone have this problem and a solution to it? I wanna keep my stock sms app so i dont want to have to try and use chomp or handcent. Thx in advance

Yeah, I just figured it would be worth mentioning since I've met plenty of people who have sworn up and down that they had done that (friends and family) and when I look at their phone, they had not. Seemed more likely that the vibrate was not checked in the messaging app than having two phones, back to back, that have the same mysterious problem of not vibrating only when receiving text messages.

Perhaps there is some app that you have on your phone that is causing this problem. If you use a different SMS app, they normally un-check the stock messaging app's notifications and vibrations for you, I believe. So, they would need to be re-checked. That's all I can think of.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just figured it would be worth mentioning since I've met plenty of people who have sworn up and down that they had done that (friends and family) and when I look at their phone, they had not. Seemed more likely that the vibrate was not checked in the messaging app than having two phones, back to back, that have the same mysterious problem of not vibrating only when receiving text messages.

Perhaps there is some app that you have on your phone that is causing this problem. If you use a different SMS app, they normally un-check the stock messaging app's notifications and vibrations for you, I believe. So, they would need to be re-checked. That's all I can think of.

Yea i dont think that is the problem..i do not have any 3rd party msging app and i made sure it vibrate was checked off in the text message settings...i have even done a factory reset, and that didnt fix anything..at this point i have no installed apps other than stock apps since i have reset my phone and am hesitant on getting another Refurb because i have gotten nothing but crap refurbs, and this one seems to be perfect (except for this sms vibrate issue)

Upvote 0
Hey !

I don't even get the option of vibrate check in my message settings:thinking: I used to get vibrations on incoming text messages, but it stopped on its own.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.

Dostabhi, this is the forum for the Motorola droid 3. You may want to try posting a question in the galaxy ace forum about this.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones