No vibrate on sms notifications!?!?!Support

Last Updated:

1. thebarbrr

thebarbrr Well-Known Member

Okay guys i recently got my droid3 swapped out because my sms vibrate did not work but everything else i got this droid3 and it has the same problem..i have it to always vibrate, and and vibrates on everything except on sms..i have checked to make sure that vibrate is checked in the sms settings and still does not vibrate when i recieve a text message. Does anyone have this problem and a solution to it? I wanna keep my stock sms app so i dont want to have to try and use chomp or handcent. Thx in advance

2. TyrannoTaurus

TyrannoTaurus Well-Known Member

Open up your text messaging, tap the menu button (the four squares on the bottom left), then tap "messaging settings", scroll down to vibrate and check it. The messaging vibration is separate from the rest of the phone vibration settings.
  3. thebarbrr

I mentioned I had already done that -_-
    hippychick4576 likes this.
  4. TyrannoTaurus

Yeah, I just figured it would be worth mentioning since I've met plenty of people who have sworn up and down that they had done that (friends and family) and when I look at their phone, they had not. Seemed more likely that the vibrate was not checked in the messaging app than having two phones, back to back, that have the same mysterious problem of not vibrating only when receiving text messages.

Perhaps there is some app that you have on your phone that is causing this problem. If you use a different SMS app, they normally un-check the stock messaging app's notifications and vibrations for you, I believe. So, they would need to be re-checked. That's all I can think of.
  5. thebarbrr

Yea i dont think that is the problem..i do not have any 3rd party msging app and i made sure it vibrate was checked off in the text message settings...i have even done a factory reset, and that didnt fix this point i have no installed apps other than stock apps since i have reset my phone and am hesitant on getting another Refurb because i have gotten nothing but crap refurbs, and this one seems to be perfect (except for this sms vibrate issue)
  6. TyrannoTaurus

I don't blame you for being hesitant on refurbs. You never know what you're going to get. Such a weird problem. There are some apps in the Market that let you make custom vibrations (Contact Vibrate, etc). I know it's not a solution, but could be a useful workaround.
  7. DeadChex

DeadChex Well-Known Member

Try calling back and demanding a brand new placement rather than a refurb.

It sounds more like software rather than hardware issue though.. maybe and sbf will fix it?
  8. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

Use the next month to keep getting refurbs, then demand a switch soon and get a GNex. ;)
  9. erum

erum Member

Open New Message------- Settings--------- Notifications------- Now you will be able to see Vibrates When Received Messages Check it. You are done.
  10. dostabhi

dostabhi New Member

Hey !

I don't even get the option of vibrate check in my message settings:confused: I used to get vibrations on incoming text messages, but it stopped on its own.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus.
  11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Dostabhi, this is the forum for the Motorola droid 3. You may want to try posting a question in the galaxy ace forum about this.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus - Android Forums
  12. shahrukh615

shahrukh615 New Member

13. 257Roberts

257Roberts New Member

worked great for me with identical droid 3 problem. Much Thanks!