No vibrate when text received in sleep modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mossyboy

Mossyboy New Member

Hi

I was wondering if anyone is having any problems with the phone vibrating when a text is received when the phone is in sleep mode?

I say sleep mode, I mean when the screen is off. When the screen is on and I'm doing something then it works fine. When someone calls either with screen on or off it works fine.

I have the phone set to vibrate only, have the main Settings->Sound->Sound & Vibrate checked. In Messaging I have Settings->Vibrate checked. So as far as I know, everything possible is set to vibrate.

I took it to the 02 shop (uk), they went round back with it for ages, came back and said he had been on the phone to their techy guy and had him stumped and said it is a problem with these phones and maybe fixed in future releases.

I would have thought if this was the case then there would be a lot more posts on forums about this problem. So I'm not sure whether to believe him or not and I'm tempted to reset the phone but really don't want to do that if everyone else is having the problem as I'm a newbie to Android etc.

So just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem or any ideas.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lyndsmck

lyndsmck New Member

I have been having the same problem and I was wondering if you'd been able to resolve it. My phone will vibrate for game notifications and phone calls but not for texts, and this is one feature that I would actually return this phone because of. The vibrate works fine when the screen is on but when it's off it just lights up.
  3. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

Just a thought but have checked vibrate in your messaging app settings