1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support No visual voicemail app?

1. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I just brought my G2 home today, and I cannot find the Visual Voicemail app. I've searched the market for it, I've looked at all the apps published under T-Mobile USA, I've looked through the T-Mobile App Pack, and I've even used the link to the app from androlib, and I still cannot find it. Anyone else have this issue? I realize I could just use google voice or youmail, but it's the principle of the situation.

Advertisement
  2. Sungmurai7

Sungmurai7 Active Member

Try searching "T-Mobile USA"
  3. ashykat

Thanks but as I said in my first post I've already done that.
  4. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member

He's right. It seems that T-Mobile has pulled almost all of their apps from the market. I wonder what's up.
  5. ashykat

Really strange...Well is there someone here who can maybe send me the apk?
  6. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

You should just set up conditional call forwarding with Google Voice. That way all your unanswered calls forward to GV voicemail. Then you can use the Google Voice app for your visual voicemail. I've been doing this for almost a year and it works great.
  7. ashykat

Yeah I know, but as I said, it's the principle.
  8. Opettaja

Opettaja Member

That's weird, I had no problem finding and installing it from the market about a week ago. I also received an update for it yesterday or the day before.
  9. ashykat

Yeah it's very strange. I contacted T-Mobile's online chat and she couldn't locate it on the market either, after some research she too suggested using Google Voice. It's not that I would have an issue using google voice, I'm a very tech oriented person, I had GVoice before it went completely public, I just don't feel like I should have to use it. I also just tried to find it on appbrain and it's nowhere to be seen.
  10. Sungmurai7

Sungmurai7 Active Member

Yeah I can't find stuff on the Market sometimes and it annoys the hell out of me. Even with the same phone you can't find the same app that others found. Google need to step up on the way their Market functions. It needs more searching and sorting options.
  11. justme8800

They've put a few of their apps back up in the market, but not the voicemail one yet. They did however release an update for it, though, which can be found either in your downoad list or on this site.
  12. ashykat

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this means it will be back up soon.
  13. justme8800

I should clarify: by "update," I meant "new version." You can downoad it from that page I linked to, if you like.
  14. ashykat

Yes I've tried having the link sent to me from that page, but it never shows up.
  15. Agent K

Agent K Member

I have the apk for 1.0.12.
  16. ashykat

Thank you for that, but I've decided to return my G2. Too many random reboots as well as just turning off. After master resets and such I'm not willing to deal with it anymore, so I'll wait for the new myTouch or possibly try the HD7. Thanks everyone for your help in trying to figure out the strange VVM situation.
  17. Rra

Rra Member

The link above does not work anymore. Agent K- how does that apk work for you? Do you mind emailing it?
  18. Agent K

Agent K Member

Works great. I can PM a link to anyone who needs it, or just post it here if it's not considered "pirated/illegal software".