• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No voice command in htc desire ?

Upvote 0
But even it is in the user manual, it is not there in the T-Mobile version.

I only hope it is enabled in the HTC own retail version.

Otherwise, you can install this HTC keyboard customization which is better (I will!). Same keyboard, same HTC, more options with voice to text enabled:

[APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (26th March) v19: Lowres! , Custom smileys - xda-developers

Choose the hires one.

that is essentially the same keyboard that is bundled with the Custom Desire ROM for the Nexus... i can confirm it works, at least on the Nexus...

Upvote 0
Ok, I can confirm that Voice to Text does work. I managed to find Android Keyboard 2.1 with voice support (wont post a link, but if you Google it, I am sure you will find it). It installed fine and setting it up, I then had the magic option for voice input.

Works pretty well, but struggled a bit with my broad Scottish brouge. :)

I have taken it back off as I don't really trust my inputs to an unverified app, but was just interested to see if it works.

Hopefully we will get an official release in due course. :thinking:

Upvote 0
this link How To Enable Voice To Text - xda-developers

leads to a way of installing the keyboard part that will alow voice search's but not voice input on messaging etc, using it on my t-mobile uk desire.
if u enable android keyboard in settings u will loose pinch zoom etc but u can get it back by disabling android k-board.:)

UPDATE ! i'm suck a plonker, found out i can still pinch zoom with android k-board and by using a long press in the message typing box gives u the option of how to input (select voice) brilliant.:eek: :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones