no Voice in GPSSupport

Last Updated:

1. pilgrim78

pilgrim78 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys

this might seem a little strange but I'm trying to find the answer to a question for a customer ( I work for a network )

Galaxy -s, able to navigate using google maps, but does not get voice commands for the turn by turn navigation.

I've checked the really simply stuff (is it on mute, navigation volume on max).

When I first got my android phone I had to download a voice app from the market place but I can't now find this on my phone to advice the guy.

Can anyone help me and therefore my customer ?

Hoping you might take pity on a call centre working trying to do his best for a customer.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member

If your in Canada is because of a place called QUEBEC.. and we can't have voice search in Canada unless it supports French.. "Thanks CRTC" rate now it only supports English. but you can download an app for free call "Vlingo".. is really good... English only.. but thats ok since I only speak English.

pilgrim78 likes this.
  3. pilgrim78

pilgrim78 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the really quick response.

I'm based in the uk so this is not the case for me.

I'd like to make it clear this is not in relation to VOICE SEARCH, it is in relation to the handset verbally instructing you on your route (ie in 300 yards turn left onto Main St.)

Customer has voice search capability, but it will not talk to him en route (I wish my wife didn't talk to me en route lol)