• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Voicemail Alert - HTC One S

Java Lamp

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
Hello

I've got a bit of a problem with my HTC One S - it doesn't tell me when I've got a voicemail.

My Network is TalkMobile (UK), which is a virtual network powered by Vodafone.

When I get a normal SMS, my phone beeps/buzzes and I get a "text" summary on the main screen, plus an SMS icon in the status bar at the top left of the screen. And the text will, naturally, be in my SMS inbox.

When I get a voicemail, I get a text message, but no alert - i.e. I only know if I have a voicemail if I happen to open my SMS mailbox and see the text. There is no beep/buzz or icon on main screen. It's left me a bit in the lurch, and almost caused me to be late for a job interview!

Here's how I've tried to fix so far:
Restarted phone.
I've gone into TalkMobile's voicemail options and de-selected text alerts, hung-up, dialled in and then re-selected text alerts.
Settings -> Call -> Voicemail Service -> selected "My Carrier".

Not sure what else would cause this - has anyone else encountered this (I've seen some people have had "no" text alert, but that's not quite the case here).

Thanks for reading

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you but I have exactly the same issue and with the HTC One S. Interestingly enough though I am sure this started to happen on my last phone an HTC Desire S after it was working before, leading me to believe that is more a Vodafone compatibility issue than phone issue. Tried my corporate Vodafone support...no answers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones