No voicemail icon or notice of any type.

Last Updated:

1. Likecars

Likecars Member This Topic's Starter

I am not receiving voicemail notifications. I am not using GV, just the Sprint service. I am not getting the little cassette looking icon or any other indicator that I have voicemail.

Have not received any visual voicemails either.

I do get the missed call notification.

If I call my voicemail there are messages waiting.

Did some digging on the forum and found other voicemail issues, but not this one, at least with my word combos.

I unchecked and checked the notification option under voicemail to see if this would jump start it.

Any recommendations?

Still waiting to hear from Sprints advance tech support.

Thanks.

Update: Had to reset.

Advertisement
  2. mr29rose

mr29rose Well-Known Member

i also have this issue? did u find a fix?

3. cpiman

cpiman Member

I had the same issue with my voice mail after the update. I ended up hard resetting the phone do to keyboard not working right and now I get voice mail notifications just fine.:confused:

4. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

OP: I assume you are referring to the counter showing in your Voicemail icon. You need to delete your home voicemail icon first. Then put the Voicemail widget into your home screen again. Note that Voicemail widget is != to the short-cut your pull down from the "All programs" screen.
    o Long-press on the Home screen
    o Tab on "Widget" tab
    o Select Voicemail from the list <-- this icon will show unread messages counter

Regarding not able to get messages, you may need to cycle your Mobile Network again. It happens when your device has messed up the data connection. Possible solution:
    o Long press on the Power button
    o Tab Mobile network = OFF
    o Tab Mobile network = ON
    o Tab on your Voicemail widget icon
    o Tab on menu
    o Select "Retry Download" <-- if your data session is good, the voicemail will come in again

Good Luck.

Likecars and tonyguy2000 like this.
  5. ecooke21

ecooke21 Active Member

yea my vmail doesnt give me any notification either... what to do?

6. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

For your case, were you able to get Visual Voicemail messages before? If this is your first time using this app, most likely your account is not activated properly. It happens when you swapped with a new Phone# and the device profile was not updated yet. You can check your phone# from the Settings menu. Does it match with your new phone#?

If your account is already activated, then try the Mobile Network cycling method. If it still does not work for you, then turn on the WiFi network. Retry downloading the message through WiFi shall mitigate this problem.

7. Likecars

Likecars Member This Topic's Starter

Folks, I thought my update would be seen, sorry about that. I too had to do a hard reset, been working like a champ since. I had installed my backup, 30 days free, just in case. Was very easy getting everything back.

8. hondagal

hondagal New Member

Had the same thing happen to me when I switched phones. I just found this fix today and it worked like a charm. It got rid of the text messages that I had been receiving instead of the visual voice mail notifications.

Open vvm, select Menu->Compose and record a few seconds of silence.
    In the To field enter the email address: activate@vvm.sprint.com.
    Send it.

9. mr29rose

mr29rose Well-Known Member

hondagal you are the most incredible person on my list right now! you fixed my crazy vm problem. thank god for you!

10. yellagirl730

yellagirl730 Active Member

I had the very same problem, cld Sprint was told to do a hard reset. Is working fine now. I am now having a problem with my text messages, the time stamp is off, have had to reset the time on the phone a few times.

11. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

You can also so try to update your profile and test it after that.