• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No voicemail notification since flashing stock ZV3 (VM)

Pickngrin

Feb 20, 2011
Hi-
I recently flashed the stock ROM on my VM Volt due to lagging issues. The phone multitasks very well now. However, I realized that I am not receiving any voicemail notifications (although voicemails are saved). When I try to open the voicemail app, I get an error:
"Account verification error
Communication with the voicemail-to-text server has timed out. We will continue to verify your voicemail-to-text account status in the background."

I just spent quite a bit of time on the phone with VM technical support, two different reps, and that led nowhere. Do I need to somehow change the version of voicemail app that I have on my phone? It shows as version T.5.3.4.32.

Thank you for any input!

The voicemail app probably needs updating but I have encountered the same errors on another device exactly like these with the voicemail app where it would not update. I pulled the voicemail app out of another more up to date rom and replaced the old one with it. Fixed my issues. If you take this route I suggest deleting the app from system,reboot to recovery then wipe cache and dalvil cache. Use recovery to copy the more upbto date voicemail from your sdcard to your system then reboot. Should work then. Or another route is to just update your current rom from zv3. Both options require rooted device with custom recovery like twrp.

Upvote 0
Thank you. My phone is not pushing any OTA updates (I deleted that after I flashed the stock ZV3. If I flash a ZV6 ROM, will my phone remain unbloated? Should I just Google to find a generic ZV6 ROM or is there a link that you recommend?

Heres the zv6 radio,flash it after the rom i link below : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347817673

ZV6 Version 2 Stock Modification Deodexed Debloated With Google Apps : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086988075

Be sure to do a full wipe flash the rom,then flash the radio zip listed above,then reboot. There is also an Xperia modification of ZV6 you can try out. Check the Root forum.

Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones