No wallaperSupport

Last Updated: 2011-03-17 18:12:30
  1. Lennart

Lennart Member

New to the forum, to Android and th lg gt540. Noob warning!!!
    Just purchased th gt 540 and love it to bits. However, can't seem to find any wallpaper!??? Is this normal or did I miss something? It came loaded with android 2.1 and I have the lg start screen/loader.
    Thanks in advance for your help/answer.

Advertisement
  2. iRhyiku

iRhyiku Well-Known Member

just press and hold your finger on an empty space on the home screen, and select wallpaper.
    you can also select images from your sd card using this way
    Lennart likes this.
  3. Lennart

Lennart Member

Thanks iRhyiku, appreciate your help. I've done that and chose background gallery. Problem is that it's empty! I would have expected that there would be some wallpaper already there to choose from!
  4. YouTu_01

YouTu_01 Well-Known Member

that's really weird, there's CM7 backgrounds, live wallpapers, your own wallpapers... that's odd..
    Lennart likes this.
  5. dudeman1996

dudeman1996 Well-Known Member

At the homescreen, press the menu button, then tap wallpapers and you can choose from the built in wallpapers, or an image from your SD Card :)
    Lennart likes this.
  6. LxDroid

LxDroid Active Member

thats because u have CyanogenMod 7 rom on ur phone?? lulz
  7. YouTu_01

haha, ah didn't read it well...he's not using the rom right?... *face palm*... damn.. i was sleeping..
    Lennart likes this.
  8. LxDroid

LxDroid Active Member

Haha well everyone fail some times
    Lennart likes this.
  9. Lennart

Lennart Member

:confused:Rite, this got me really confused. Now just help me out here: should they be there or not, no mod, rooted or whatever just plain and simple original 2.1. And if so where???
  10. iRhyiku

iRhyiku Well-Known Member

They should have wallpapers pre-installed. I did when i upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 not rooted, or anything
    hold anywhere on the home screen (or press menu - wallpaper)
    and choose wallpaper
    ...?
    Lennart likes this.
  11. YouTu_01

yeah they should've added some wallpapers?, go to your gallery and select one?

on you homescreen, press menu key>wallpapers
    Lennart likes this.
  12. dudeman1996

There is definitely wallpapers included on any version of ROM or Android, if you go to the homescreen, press the menu button, and tap wallpapers, then you can choose what wallpaper you want:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:)
    Lennart likes this.
  13. Lennart

Lennart Member

So, it seems they should be there, fact is: they're not. Now how do I get them? Factory reset?
  14. dudeman1996

Wait, so what happens when you push the menu button at the homescreen?
    Lennart likes this.
  15. Lennart

Lennart Member

Up comes a menu with: add, background, home settings, search, messages, settings. I push the background button and I come to an empty folder.
  16. dudeman1996

What d'you mean by empty folder? Does a window pop up and it's blank?
  17. Lennart

Lennart Member

Yes, well it was. I've since imported some pictures which are there now.
  18. dudeman1996

So you can change your background now?
  19. Lennart

Lennart Member

Yes, I can. But the question is and was: shouldn't there be a standard set of wallpapers there? If so I want to have them. So what do I do to get them? Factory reset?
  20. dudeman1996

Yes there should be.. not sure why there isn't. How did you update the phone? I don't think a factory reset would work
  21. Lennart

Lennart Member

I didnt do nozzing:):):). It came from the shop brandnew in the box with 2.1 loaded (incl 2gb memory-card)
  22. dudeman1996

That's weird, what shop did you get it from?
  23. Lennart

Lennart Member

This made me check again......and then I noticed the folder wasn't really blank but very slightly greyish and under it there were another two slightly greyish squares. I then found that I could scroll to the right and there they were!!! :mad::mad: Beautiful standard wallpapers!
    Glad I warned beforehand!
    Thank you Dudeman for your help and patience!!!
  24. dudeman1996

Ahh, well at least you've found it! :D