No way...EVO Waterproof?

1. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    ndh777 likes this.
  2. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

lol, probably lucky. i wouldn't try it but good to know it's not a 100% chance the phone will die after water exposure.

i'm just surprised the EVO didn't jump out of the water to attack that guy.
  3. St33zy

St33zy Member

Yes the phone is serious! lol
    Yes freakin way!
    Yes really!
    And no I'm not kidding you!
    No don't touch me.

Just answering a few of the guy in the videos questions lol hilarious
  4. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

lol
  5. aimzmarie

aimzmarie Active Member

i'd like to actually see him use the screen. my htc hero screen stayed on even though it fell and landed in ocean water a foot high. it wasn't until i pulled the battery that the screen finally shut off. it would not turn back on.

i say that this phone is not water proof.
  6. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

yeah .. the phone is definitely not waterproof. he probably broke it before and then decided to make a (stupid) video. as you can see the phone never boots in the 4 minutes.

pointless.
    The Dorian likes this.
  7. Agreed
  8. Now can you understand why I said in an earlier post to swap your phones out before the 30 days are up if its not just right? After the 30 days someone is going to get this handset after its repaired. Still want a refurbished unit if you can help it after seeing this???
    pwnst*r likes this.
  9. kbox

kbox New Member

True having a failed PH swapped for refurb is not the same as getting a new one off the shelf but relax, I'm sure u have more important issues that deserve your concern .
  10. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

wat?
  11. When he returns this phone to sprint, they will ship it to wherever, and it will be refurbished. So basically they will reflash the software, and put a new case on the outside to make it look nice. Then somebody will get the phone as a refurb. Would you want a phone that's been underwater for that long? This thing is going to have MANY problems for the person who gets it next.

On a side note, I doubt Sprint let this guy exchange it. They will look at the water sensors, and if they went off (which i'm sure they did) his warranty will be voided and they wont give him a new one.
    fishnugget likes this.
  12. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

they do have a name for this clowns 'condition' right ?
  13. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

14. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I doubt he got banned for posting that... read THIS THREAD after reading the other one (pay attention to the last posts).
  15. Because I was accused of posting sensationalist posts.

16. Well you see I have a relative that works for HTC and the Inc has been pulled for quality issues. Thats why they are "out of stock" until mid August now. HTC will however never admit to it publicly not unlike Toyota and there problems. This is where the Moderator was wrong. I however didn't want to flaunt the fact that I had inside information on this issue.
  17. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

the phone is past dead. i dont kno about you but my evo doesnt take over 4 mins to get off the htc evo 4g screen. that sh!t is toast.
  18. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

It could also be baby oil. I know you can run electronics in baby oil and it will not zap it..people run their cooled computer through that, and they run perfectly fine all the time.
  19. It could also be an in store non working dummy phone and they photo shopped the lighted screen on to it. Something isn't right with the screen in that video.
  20. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The thread was closed because your post was misleading people with perfectly reliable handsets. The reason is made perfectly clear in the final post in the thread.

If you feel the thread was wrongly closed then please take it up with the Admins via PM, not here.
    Lefty790420 likes this.
  21. You are saying that he might have modified the plumbing in his bathroom to have his faucet pour baby oil instead of water?
    Saltwater Hero and Yankees368 like this.

22. Hey I would do that for a youtube video wouldn't you? :D
  23. Lmaoooo I like that "modified the plumbing"
  24. sanjsrik

sanjsrik Well-Known Member

I think you should do it over and over again until the device is completely unusable and then try to trade it in.

I'm assuming you took the water indication stickers out first, right?