• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No way to redirect music to car stereo via Bluetooth

MrBriggs

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
I have a Kia Forte 2011 EX which supports the A2DP protocol. With my G2x I'm able to pair it, connect to it, make and receive calls perfectly. However, when it comes to songs, it looks like it's playing but no sound comes from the car speakers. The phone even says "playing through Bluetooth audio" when I press the volume up/down buttons.

I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 7.1 (nightly 108) which is based on Gingerbread 2.3.5.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Kia Forte 2011 EX which supports the A2DP protocol. With my G2x I'm able to pair it, connect to it, make and receive calls perfectly. However, when it comes to songs, it looks like it's playing but no sound comes from the car speakers. The phone even says "playing through Bluetooth audio" when I press the volume up/down buttons.

I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 7.1 (nightly 108) which is based on Gingerbread 2.3.5.

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe that Cyanogen supports A2DP just yet. It's something that's being worked on.

Upvote 0
Shouldn't it prevent the call to work, then? If the phone can redirect the audio from a call, why not the music? That's what I don't understand.

Not necessarily I guess.

Sometimes when I pair my BT (S9) with my phone, it only connects to the "audio" which I guess means I can hear others and speak for phone calls.

However once I get to connect to "audio and media" I can hear music as well as phone calls.

Upvote 0
Okay, now I tried to load all my MP3 on my SD card and plug it in my car's USB port but although the car detects that something was plugged in nothing happens with the phone - i.e. the "USB connected" alert doesn't come up so I can mount the device.

Ugh, I'm getting fed up with this phone.

Upvote 0
I think that the car would have to have the drivers for it to read the sd card and I have no I dea how you would go about fixing that. And I dont know if that is even true. I do know that when I first hooked my phone up to my computer it did not read it I had to install the drivers seperatly. So I would assume it is the same for anything else. I dont thinl it is the phone per say but android in general again I could be wrong. You should just install xboarders gingerbread ota tweeked that suports music streaming. I think the reason they cant get it to work is because LG wont relese the drivers or something that they need to finish it other roms have the same problem. CM7 will never be finalized until LG decides to stop being difficult. So they are at their mercy now. We are stuck with relese candidartes until then. Or just use a stock based rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones