No way to root or overclock incred??General

Last Updated:

1. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a droid now thats rooted, overclocked and running the new 2.2 android software. Is there anyway to root or overclock this HTC phone? I dont see any topics or subforums on it, so I can only guess that the phone is not there yet? Also, since this is made by HTC, I take it that its not even on android 2.1 yet? Please give me some info before I get this thing.

Brian

Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

3. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

There has been much discussion regarding rooting this device. Search around a little bit and you may come across what's been going on. Short answers: no root yet, yes, it is running 2.1.

4. ZXMustang

LOLOL, how the hell did I miss that thread. Thanks. Man I fell like a dumbass. Anyway, I cant wait for this to happen. I'd love to see what an overclocked incredible running the 2.2 software is capable of. Cant wait.

5. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Yes, all of us are waiting impatiently!

6. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

well well well ... we are all waiting for the same information, we want it to be rooted but as off right now it is not rooted, I don't think there is a phone that cannot be rooted, it only takes longer for some devices then for others, I'm sure it will be rooted in a couple of days, weeks maybe months, I just hope it doesn't take years :-D

7. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

Wow...

8. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

This puppy gets warm enough without OCing. You folks are nutz ;)

9. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

its on 2.1, and htc has already promised 2.2 this year whether or not its rooted. not to mention many people are working on rooting.

also the droid looks ugly in comparison.

10. ZXMustang

I agree. I also dispise the slide out keyboard. I dont have to use it, but its still there and comes out in the pocket or when wiping it down. I love the clean look of the incredible. I cant wait to see whats in store for it when the root finally happens. Incase you all dont follow the driod part of this forum, its insane all the stuff you can do with the droid when its rooted. Mine is running completely stable on the 2.2 froyo frf57 software and is overclocked to 1ghz. Its super snappy to use and the software works flawless. Looks hot too with the beautiful widgets home widget that mimics the HTC weather and date widget. I'm going to sell my droid on ebay when my new one comes in. Im going to put it back to the stock 2.2 leak and put the overclocked kernel on it. I just watched a used completely stock droid sell on ebay with 33 bids for $275. Mine too is mint and will have the nav mount with it plus the software update and such. That will more than cover my new phone and the mount for it.