No way to shut off alarm w/rotary lock

1. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

Loaded virtuous 3 yesterday... Added rotary lock... Woke up this AM to the sound of my alarm going off...

Imagine my dismay to find there was no way to swipe and silence the alarm. I tried several things before I simply powered down the phone.

Anyone have any ideas what I need to do to silence this alarm?

THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. TheBeardedMann

TheBeardedMann Well-Known Member

Hahahaha!!! Same thing this morning! I was about to post exactly the same thing. I'll be trying some alarms from the Marketplace today, if I find a good one, I'll post it.
    andreezy likes this.
  3. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

Can't turn it off. You can either delete worldclock.apk and install a vanilla desk clock or get something from the market like alarm clock by Pluto. I did the market way and it works.
    andreezy likes this.
  4. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

Thanks SynisterWolf! The Pluto app works perfectly for this! I appreciate your time!
  5. rmk

rmk Well-Known Member Developer

This is probably the #1 reported issue with the vanilla-based lock screens. To be absolutely clear, if you intend to use rotary lock, you cannot use the HTC alarm feature.

I too found this out the hard way some time ago when I was running a vanilla lock screen.
    andreezy likes this.
  6. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

me too and i was in a meeting.... my phone was in my pocket protected by a case. :( had to take everything apart just to get to the battery. but anyways glad that i could help