• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Web service after Sunday's Sys Upgrade

Grafx

Mar 8, 2011
On Sunday AM, I lost the use of the NET. I called and they said it was in the middle of a system upgrade. The following day, I got the 3G indicator back, but no web service. They had me do a local reset 3 times, remove the battery twice and an over the air activate with no change. I only get an up arrow on the 3G icon and "Connection Failed" error message. I had an executive escalation on the 8/23 and they never called me about. I called the US unlisted Escalation number and they tried for 30 mins to do things. They said it might be the phone's problem (7 months old). They said the Network people will try to find a problem in the next 3 days. After that, they would replace the phone.

Anyone else has had this problem resolved?

I tried that 3 times and was successful with the activation process. Both 1G arrows were active, but in the end no connection to the web and only up arrows for 3G. I hope they will send me a new phone tomorrow, though it would be a hassle to get all the apps and data back to normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones