• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Wi Fi After Update today!!???

Chuck, follow this link to my post on a different thread. It shows step by step how to do it. It does take a while to download the system file though so just be patient.

Here is the link

http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/545894-tu-android-update-2-3-6-a-2.html#post4358381

Note that sometimes the site that hosts the software changes the odin file to a .bin file, all you need to do to open is change it from .bin to .exe if it isn't already .exe

If i revert back to 2.3.4 using these instructions will it wipe all my data on my phone to where I have to download all my apps again?

Upvote 0
Well still no steady wifi except when I do the static IP then its hit and miss...but I have a new problem, my GPS doesn't seem to be working right...I use my phone to check the weather alot, and it won't find my location anymore....anyone else having this problem?:adore:

My GPS seems to be working fine, but the static IP has essentially stopped working. And quite a few of my apps won't work worth a poo anymore. :/

Upvote 0
Well still no steady wifi except when I do the static IP then its hit and miss...but I have a new problem, my GPS doesn't seem to be working right...I use my phone to check the weather alot, and it won't find my location anymore....anyone else having this problem?:adore:

There is an app on Google Play called GPS Test. I've had problems, although rare, in the past where my GPS would act flaky and for whatever reason running this app would fix it. It has some cool test screens to play with too. If this app doesn't work then I would say there is an issue with the update.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...GwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5jaGFydGNyb3NzLmdwc3Rlc3QiXQ..

I'm still holding off updating due to all the issues people are having so I can't test this myself sorry.

Upvote 0
I'm doing as little as possible until a) they fix shit, or b) I take the 2 week old phone back and get another one that I will not update no matter how many times it asks me to.

It was a solid phone with a small touchscreen bug until this update. If you have the option to do that you might want to consider it. My phone finally quit bothering me to update every time I unlocked it. :)

Upvote 0
Well, I sent an email to BSTSocialCare@sprint.com as directed by their Facebook support group. Here's their response.

Good Afternoon Dennis,

I do apologize that your post or other people post were getting deleted from our Facebook page. I are a worrier of this issue has been escalated to a higher department. I can forward your information for an example of the issues after this new update on the Samsung Transform Ultra. You will need to contact Samsung for further troubleshooting and a possible handset replacement. If you will like me to forward your information for an example of the issues that this update has caused. Can you please provide me with your phone number and pin?

Thank you,
Jessica H.
Social Media Team

Does any of that seem a bit odd to anyone else?

Reactions: Madroxide
Upvote 0
Finally got in touch with Boost Mobile. They had me reset my phone five times, and still didnt get anything fixed. They said they will get a technician out to check the tower, which sounds like more wishful thinking. I really wanna flash my phone, but am too concerned I'm gonna brick the friggin thing. Sigh. Knew I should'a went with my gut and skipped the update.

Upvote 0
yesterday, 5/14/12, I received a pop-up box saying I needed to upgrade. No knowing what was going wrong per this forum, I upgraded, I now can't get wifi to work either unless I use static IP. Static IP is a pain in the @#$% because it's not smart enough to keep a separate static list per wifi spot.... plus you have to know the Gateway, subnet, DNS, etc... to even get it to work.

Boost needs to either post a patch or provide a way to revert back to the older OS version....

Upvote 0
So after several emails back and forth with Boost Mobile about this very problem I'm left with the following...

"05/12/2012
Good Morning Charles,

My team and I have escalated your issue to another department for review. I will provide you with updates once I receive feedback regarding this issue.

Regards,

Teareney F.
Boost Social Media Team"

I've even checked the forums on Samsung's website to check for similar threads, and most of those threads end with "contact us as support/chat, or send your phone in for repairs". The phones aren't broken....it's the UPDATE!!!! what kind of customer support are these companies running???

Upvote 0
i called samsung, and they are sending me a shipping label to mail my phone in. hopefully they can solve this! glad my phone is still under warranty.

Don't send it in. Samsung just called me back and said they are aware of the situation and they are working on a fix. The tech that I talked to just told me to hang tight until it was fixed and once it has been fixed, they will push another update to our phones. My suggestion is that you use the Odin software and reflash your phone back to 2.3.4 and wait for the new update. The chance of actually bricking your phone from using the Odin software is actually very low, and you can use Odin to fix a bricked phone anyways. The directions are very simple on what to do. Just make sure you charge your phone before hand and have a full battery or pretty full one (like 80%). Sending your phone in would most likely result in you having your phone reflashed back to 2.3.4 and you not having it for 2 weeks

For directions on how to use Odin to get 2.3.4 back on your phone, follow this link and stop after you have gotten to part #9. If you try #10, you will just be getting yourself back into the same boat by updating to 2.3.6 again.....

I haven't had a notification to update my phone for several days now so when I get an update notification again, I will try it and see if that fixes the problem, and I will let you guys know to just hang on for a little while longer or go ahead with the update when you get it. Of course, if I can figure out how to copy my system files over, I would post up the new files once I get a successful update, but I don't know how to do that just yet.....

Reactions: djshiva
Upvote 0
I have had the same issue with the WiFi after the update. 7 Boost Mobile reps, 1 Samsung phone rep, and 2 Samsung email reps have STILL not been able to fix the issue, and I've spoken with them each at least 10 times.
I tried the static IP suggestion here online, but even after finding all of those numbers online for my router, and inputting them all in my WiFi cell settings, NOTHING happened. So I'm pretty sure I didn't do it right, so if anyone could walk me through step by step, t hat would be cool. Also, does doing this screw up your ability to connect to the same router with a PS3 or a laptop at the same time?
Also was told to dial some ##number# but it was incorrect and a recorded voice told me it was invalid. The other time the lady on the phone suggested this, with a different number, it went through, but actually made the issue WORSE.
I just want the issue fixed!! It should have never happened in the first place, but since it did, Samsung should be able to FIX it and none of them can. So now I'm turning to the internet for help because someone has to know what they're doing. Someone? Anyone? PLEASE?!

Upvote 0
I have had the same issue with the WiFi after the update. 7 Boost Mobile reps, 1 Samsung phone rep, and 2 Samsung email reps have STILL not been able to fix the issue, and I've spoken with them each at least 10 times.
I tried the static IP suggestion here online, but even after finding all of those numbers online for my router, and inputting them all in my WiFi cell settings, NOTHING happened. So I'm pretty sure I didn't do it right, so if anyone could walk me through step by step, t hat would be cool. Also, does doing this screw up your ability to connect to the same router with a PS3 or a laptop at the same time?
Also was told to dial some ##number# but it was incorrect and a recorded voice told me it was invalid. The other time the lady on the phone suggested this, with a different number, it went through, but actually made the issue WORSE.
I just want the issue fixed!! It should have never happened in the first place, but since it did, Samsung should be able to FIX it and none of them can. So now I'm turning to the internet for help because someone has to know what they're doing. Someone? Anyone? PLEASE?!

I would say use Odin to reflash your phone back to 2.3.4 until they have this fixed. Samsung actually called me to get information on the problem and they know about it and are working to fix it as soon as possible. If you use the static IP thing, it will only work for that one router, and unfortunately, it stores only ONE static IP setup so you would have to manually keep entering it every time you want to use a different wifi connection. See my post above yours about how to use Odin to get back to 2.3.4 and have wifi that works. Strangely enough, it also fixes the touch screen bug that was included in the new 2.3.6 update. So there's a bonus going back to 2.3.4!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones