No WIFI Bars on Home ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. crashbowman

crashbowman New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a Moment and I am trying to analyze some issues to make sure everything is okay. The specific one I am asking about here is that on the home screen when I am connected to my home WIFI it does not show any bars. However if I go into the settings and look at the list of networks, my WIFI network will show two or three bars.

What doesn't make sense to me is that when I am connected to another WIFI it will show the same on the home screen and within settings.

I have read that if I show WIFI on the homescreen then that means I am using WIFI and not the Sprint Network.

Anyway I would greatly appreciate any help to understand what is going on here.

Thanks,
    John

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If there are no Wi-FI bars showing on the notification bar on the top of the screen, you MAY not be connected, connected meaning to the internet. You might have a solid connection to the router, but no pathway to the interwebz. Check that and be sure.

When you're on Wi-Fi, yes you are not using Sprint's network connection to gain access to the interwebz.

3. crashbowman

I guess I don't understand how I would check that.:confused:

4. crashbowman

I guess I figured it out. I downloaded "Airplane Mode Wi-fi Tool" and I was able to use the internet and android market fine. I just don't understand why it would show I have no bars on the notification bar.