no zip codes in my contacts??

Last Updated:

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

None of my contacts on my phone show the zip codes in their addresses but they're all there in my gmail contacts when i check on a computer. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. jmt9779

Well, okay...So I just figured out that the contacts app on the droid will only show three lines of address and cut the rest off. But before I edit all of my contacts to the three-line-format, does anyone know if there's a way to get the contacts app to show more than three lines of address?

TIA!

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Have you experimented with one of your contacts in Gmail? Are you adding the zipcode after the State, or is it under?

Like this?:
    John Doe

123 Ford Lane
    Cleveland, Ohio 44125

Or like this?:
    John Doe

123 Ford Lane
    Cleveland, Ohio

I have mine entered like the second way (seperate line for zipcodes) and it works great.

Oops ... delayed reply.

4. messenger13

I also have addresses with 4 lines (Apartment numbers) ... no problem. :confused:

5. jmt9779

You're right, Joe. You can have up to 4 lines. I apparently had 5 and 6 (and sometimes 7) lines in my addresses - NYCers can have some funky addresses. Ha! (And they seem to have imported to my gmail in kind of a weird format from my Blackberry.)

Thanks!

6. messenger13

My last piece of advice would be to EXPORT your contacts out of Gmail to a CSV file. Open that file in Excel, edit and clean them up. Then delete all of your Contacs in Gmail, then IMPORT the edited list back into Gmail.

7. messenger13

You'll have to keep playing. You can have more than 4 lines, I assure you.

8. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Well if you guys didn't have the population of some medium sized countries you'd have normal addresses. ;)

9. garymed

garymed New Member

ok. I'm a HTC newby. I don't use gmail for my contacts/email. All of my phone contacts were "transferred" by Sprint from my old Palm Centro, together with all address and phone numbers. Guess what?
    Only the phone numbers were transferred. I cannot locate any addresses at all.
    Also, I cannot find an editing field so that I can add individual contact addresses. Can I do this even if I don't use gmail? I use yahoo for my email. HELP Please.