nobody cares about Bt voice command anymore ?

Last Updated:

1. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyome care about this anymore ? I still want this to come to my Droid , has this been addressed in 2.1 ? is there a App that I am missing out on that will allow me to use Voice commands with my Bluetooth ? can a rooted Droid do this ?

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Nothing yet, I was just searching on info for this myself.

3. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

We still care. We're just being patient. 2.1 hasn't got it, and we don't even have *that* yet.

4. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

Yep- this is one of my (few) complaints about android so far. Google is busy making software to translate every language on the planet and lots of other cool features,which is nice, but they won't bother to add handsfree voice dialing to the software. It's been a feature on every dumbphone I've had for the last six years. With many states requiring handsfree phone use by law, you'd think this would be important.

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I've been using the 'voice dial hf' app. Yeah, it's $4 but well worth it IMO. It uses the phone for voice recognition and then switches to BT for the call.
    It is 1 tap to activate and is way more accurate than the stock voice dial (for me anyway).

6. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

I tried that app, but I still need voice commands through BT. When the phone is in a dock on my dash board, it is too far away for it to make accurate recognitions.

7. thegreen

Yeah, I've seen that app and it looks cool, but I can save 4 bucks and set a direct dial shortcut on the homescreen. It's also one tap, but neither option is handsfree.

I want to be able to make a call from my headset without having to find and press the little wake button, slide to unlock, press an icon and

OH SHIT I JUST CRASHED MY MOTHER F'ing CAR TRYING TO MAKE A CALL!!

When I say handsfree, I mean handsfree, dammit.
    ;)

8. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I agree 100% that we need true, real BT hands-free like every other phone has. This has just been a good solution for me while I wait and wait and wait...

9. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

We're just in the "passive" mode right now ("aggressive" will follow if we don't have this feature by Labor Day) . . .
    :D

10. tbb1226

tbb1226 Member

11. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

This is my #1 most desired feature. It's an industry standard feature now, has been for years. For Google to blow this off is inexcusable really. Supposedly Moto is working on their own solution, since Google has been so apathetic, but they have no timeframe.

12. thegreen

13. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Piled and commented.

14. Joewoowoo

How do you know that I/ we didnt already go to google and star it . So that you know , I did star it the day after I got my Droid in Dec.

15. tbb1226

tbb1226 Member

I don't know or care whether any specific person did or did not already do that. What I do know is that, given the number of people who have android phones, there is a surprisingly low number of stars on this issue, so I thought I would let people know that it's there.

What I also know is that a bunch of issues with far fewer stars that have been active a lot less time have had status changed to "Assigned", or at least "Reviewed," while this issue still is classified as "New" after more than a year. That says to me that Google doesn't seem to want to deal with this.

I wonder if it's an IP issue for them? Maybe they don't want to pay for the use of somebody's patent?

16. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

17. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

From Phone Arena's review of the Moto Devour;

The Motorola DEVOUR is a nice Android-based smartphone, but what sets it apart from others is the MOTOBLUR user interface that provides greater integration and ease of use for your contacts, social networking, news, email, and messaging. In fact, the only thing we felt that is missing from the device is the larger and higher resolution screen that is on the Motorola DROID. Though, be that as it may, the DEVOUR offers a lot of nice features, including voice dialing over Bluetooth (which isn

18. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

Thanks for saying WE already did that.

Because I havent.

I say good day!

19. Joewoowoo

at the time that I responded you were not even a thought since you were no part of this thread , so when I said "WE" you were not ............................................, well I will be nice and just say that you were not included in this conversation.

20. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the hubbub is. I hit the search mic icon, say "Call <Name of person>" A list of people in my contacts show up, I tap the one I want and away I go.

21. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

That's the issue. People want to hit their BT device and call from there, not have to even touch the phone.

I went and starred the issue. I don't have a BT device yet, but when I do, I want this feature.

22. virtus

virtus Well-Known Member

That only works if you are close to the phone. If you have it docked on your dashboard it's too far away to accurately recognize your voice.

23. johnatthebar

johnatthebar Well-Known Member

I hate not having this ability. I have bluetooth systems in my motorcycle helmets which work great on the Droid...for incoming calls.

24. cjayasuriya

cjayasuriya New Member

I was surfing the web for the voice dial app like most of you and I found this app that will do the voice dial. Here is the website
    Choice Dialer

Jay-

25. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I have a Ford with the Sync system... so no need for it :)