Noise Canceling Mic Built In

Last Updated:

1. lwendt33

lwendt33 Member This Topic's Starter

The Captivate has a built in noise canceling. While your on a call hit the 1st button at the buttom (next to home) and it comes up as an option. I only see the option during a call though. Just FYI.

Advertisement
  2. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Well-Known Member

Its defaulted on just so you know.

3. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people were talking about how the iPhone 4 and the Droid X have multiple microphones across the phone, so does this single noise canceling microphone serve the same purpose?

I haven't had anyone complain about having trouble hearing me on any call I've had.

4. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

I actually DID notice a noise cancellation "issue" with mine. I bought the black rubbery case from AT&T for it, and was on the phone once and my friend said that my audio all of a sudden sounded muffled or garbled. I played around with it, and determined that I was holding the phone with my shoulder against the back of it to hold it to my face. When I covered the camera and speakerphone holes on the back of the case with my shoulder, that's what made the difference. I assume maybe one of the speakerphone holes has a mic in it? I don't know. I had to try really hard to get it to "mess up" so I never worried about it.