Noise Cancellation QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. MEDIASERVE

MEDIASERVE Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen positive reviews on the dual mic noise cancellation of the nexus one. However, what I haven't seen addressed is whether than noise cancellation is bypassed when using a bluetooth headset?

It would be cool if the nexus one provided the same noise cancellation when using a bluetooth headset, but I kinda doubt it. Anyone know for sure?

Advertisement
  2. cred05

cred05 Well-Known Member

It would be up to the device to handle the noise cancellation, so in the event of you using a BT headset, the headset would have to have noise cancellation. The way it works on the phone, it uses both mic's and figures out what is background noise, and then filters it out to make your voice more clear. So the headset would have to do the same.

3. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

+1

I have several BT Headsets and the cheaper ones sound pretty crappy (as expected) but my nice JawBone or Plantronics ones are fantastic due to their superior Noise Cancelling tech.

4. MEDIASERVE

MEDIASERVE Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info! I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro and Jawbone Icon, but I wondered if the phone was sophisticated enough to compare the bluetooth audio to the secondary mic on the phone and filter any noise without the headset having the tech. There are more comfortable headsets I would use if that were the case, that don't have noise cancellation.

5. Astronomer

Astronomer Active Member

Unfortunately, it's impossible for the phone to perform this function, as the phase angle of the cancellation signal is determined by the distance between the two microphones, which is by no means constant, much less known, between a Bluetooth headset and a phone.