• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NOKIA N8 or SAMSUNG GALAXY S

Aside from the camera which i believe is not significantly better than the 5mpxel on the SGS, the SGS wins in every aspect

SGs wins in every respect?Sounds really funny!N8s processor is ARM1176 772Mhz(down clocked to 680MHz) and the difference of just 228Mhz in the presence of extremely optimized OS would mean nothing!I think you forgot HDMI,USB on the go,dolby digital plus sound(5.1),anodized aluminium body,stereo audio recording,fm transmitter,dual microphones,hot swappable sim card,life time free offline navigation,web tv and dedicated camera,lock switch,app switch keys.Android is poorly resource heavy that is why they give big rams!You may know tht ram doesn't increase the speed!It is the processor that matters!Nexus s uses about 40Mb for only keyboard!By this you can realize how resoure heavy is android!SGs speakers are below average.This has been proved in Gsm arena's sound test!There are gps issues too.All this stuff in a plastic body!SGs 5MM camera without flash is just obslete now.N8 simply kills SGs by a headshot by its great 12MP Xenon flash camera and the arms,legs and middle torso of a headshot body don't matter anymore!
In this case,N8 is the best allrounder.:cool:

Upvote 0
Aside from the camera which i believe is not significantly better than the 5mpxel on the SGS, the SGS wins in every aspect

SGs wins in every respect?Sounds really funny!N8s processor is ARM1176 772Mhz(down clocked to 680MHz) and the difference of just 228Mhz in the presence of extremely optimized OS would mean nothing!I think you forgot HDMI,USB on the go,dolby digital plus sound(5.1),anodized aluminium body,stereo audio recording,fm transmitter,dual microphones,hot swappable sim card,life time free offline navigation,web tv and dedicated camera,lock switch,app switch keys.Android is poorly resource heavy that is why they give big rams!You may know tht ram doesn't increase the speed!It is the processor that matters!Nexus s uses about 40Mb for only keyboard!By this you can realize how resource heavy is android!SGs speakers are below average.This has been proved in Gsm arena's sound test!There are gps issues too.All this stuff in a plastic body!SGs 5MP camera without flash is just obslete now.N8 simply kills SGs by a headshot by its great 12MP Xenon flash camera and the arms,legs and middle torso of a headshot body don't matter anymore!

Upvote 0
SGs wins in every respect?Sounds really funny!N8s processor is ARM1176 772Mhz(down clocked to 680MHz) and the difference of just 228Mhz in the presence of extremely optimized OS would mean nothing!I think you forgot HDMI,USB on the go,dolby digital plus sound(5.1),anodized aluminium body,stereo audio recording,fm transmitter,dual microphones,hot swappable sim card,life time free offline navigation,web tv and dedicated camera,lock switch,app switch keys.Android is poorly resource heavy that is why they give big rams!You may know tht ram doesn't increase the speed!It is the processor that matters!Nexus s uses about 40Mb for only keyboard!By this you can realize how resource heavy is android!SGs speakers are below average.This has been proved in Gsm arena's sound test!There are gps issues too.All this stuff in a plastic body!SGs 5MP camera without flash is just obslete now.N8 simply kills SGs by a headshot by its great 12MP Xenon flash camera and the arms,legs and middle torso of a headshot body don't matter anymore!

Joke of the Decade ROFL, N8 is the most stupid phone ever known to human race with faulty motherboards which auto kills itself and heavyly tinted faulty AMOLED with measly resolution, Nokia clearly knows their so called flagship don't stand a chance against market leader i.e Galaxy S so they decided to cram a large sensor camera with flash and other tids bits like usb OTG and other crap to divert attention from Symbian trashy OS and somehow they succeeded a bit, Nokia have done like Chinese manufactures do to bump USP of their devices by implanting stupid useless features.

The heart and soul of any phone is their OS and Android is generations ahead of going to be doomed Symbian i knew Nokians are not amused but truth is hard to swallow.

Nokia is History now

Upvote 0
I have both phones and I can safely say that sgs is superior except for the following:

1. Build quality on n8 is much better
2. Camera on n8 in good lighting is able to replace my need to bring out my Panasonic tz7 camera. Quality is good enough.
3. GPS on n8 is very good, free ovi navigation replaced my old tom tom without problem
4. Sound on the n8 is way superior to me

The n8 its not as bad as some people suggests, yes it lags but it is doing things with less raw power. With the forthcoming Anna update it should improve further, I can't wait for that.

The usability of the n8 is fine, people should give it a try before slating it.

I would argue it is quite desirable too, I have the orange colored one and its very pretty :)

Upvote 0
Joke of the Decade ROFL, N8 is the most stupid phone ever known to human race with faulty motherboards which auto kills itself and heavyly tinted faulty AMOLED with measly resolution, Nokia clearly knows their so called flagship don't stand a chance against market leader i.e Galaxy S so they decided to cram a large sensor camera with flash and other tids bits like usb OTG and other crap to divert attention from Symbian trashy OS and somehow they succeeded a bit, Nokia have done like Chinese manufactures do to bump USP of their devices by implanting stupid useless features.

The heart and soul of any phone is their OS and Android is generations ahead of going to be doomed Symbian i knew Nokians are not amused but truth is hard to swallow.

Nokia is History now

You call it a joke when you have no logic to support your arguments??WOW!!Would you bother

telling what's the 'fault' with N8's motherboard?????????Only few N8s are infected by purple

tint and you can replace your Screen FREELY by taking it to Nokia care!nHD is measly

resolution?Human eyes only percept screen size and pixel density,not the resolution alone!

You call HDMI,USB on the go,dolby digital plus sound... useless??Then what are they doing in

SGs2?
Android is generations ahead of Symbian?How possibly????You call an OS best having a hell

lot of security holes and heavy resoursiveness?Thats sounds crazy and funny!
I am not a Nokia fan boy!I know Nokia has done a lot of hell mistakes but this is honest

and unbiased comparison between N8 and SGs!

Upvote 0

Nokia is History now

I think you again forgot poor audio quality and gps reception for SGs!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones