adamlovesu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What do you guys think

Advertisement
  2. mkrmec

mkrmec Well-Known Member

not another war.. please.. just compare them by yourself

3. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

The N900's an interesting device (and was my object of lust before I fell in love with Android). Despite the processor being rated dated speed-wise, I hear that it runs quite well and Maemo's a pretty intuitive iteration of *nix. Responsive yet resistive screen sounds like a great drawing pad on the go if you've got the stylus with you, which is one thing I miss when using a capacitive device.

And what the hell, it's been beaten into dual-booting Android like any halfway respectable handset should be nowadays. Been turned into very small hackintosh even, albeit not usable.

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

It was between the N900 & the Nexus for my new handset, clearly the N1 came out on top... on paper, it beats the N900 in every category which helped sway me, Android was something that interested me as well... had never used it before, although I can say the same with Maemo5, I got the impression it isn't anywhere near finished/ready for smartphone use.

I'm certain I backed the right horse in this race.
    You can get a stylus for capacitive screens ;)

5. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

I about went with the N900 when it was first released because I really like Nokia's hardware and never cared much for Symbian touchscreen devices so with the N900 running Maemo it looked really interesting. I really like the slide out keyboard and hear nothing but good things about the browser. I know a lot of apps were moved from the previous Nokia internet tablet but I don't think their are as many as with Android.

It just really depends on what you want, I think Android is probably a better bet for now but Maemo is really interesting and I think some good phones will be coming next year if they keep on developing the operating system. I don't think you can really go wrong with either to be honest.

The handset running a full version of firefox is just plain awesome, can't wait till fx is out for Android.

6. Fastmhz

Fastmhz Well-Known Member

+1