• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nokia Phone Will No Longer Tether to iPod Touch

SampsonNation

Aug 4, 2012
I know this is not an Android question, but I really don't know where to put this.

I have a Nokia Asha 302 with a data plan from AT&T. I've been using it to share my internet to my iPod Touch (and PC Laptop) via Bluetooth (yes, Bluetooth NOT WiFi). About a month ago, the iPod Touch will not pair to my phone anymore. I have not changed any of my settings on my phone or my iPod. I thought maybe Apple updated their devices to no longer allow this because it's not supported. To my surprise, this wasn't the case. Other users are still able to tether on the same IOS FW as me.

I've tried switching to a different IOS device. I tried the new iPad Air and the 1st Gen iPad. I was able to tether to both devices months prior, but not currently.

I switched to 3 different Nokia phones that are able to Bluetooth tether. I was not successful with those either on an IOS device.

I did a factory restore to my phone and my iPod. This had no impact.

I can still share my internet to a non-IOS device.

I don't understand what I'm missing and why I am unable to tether at all via BT.

Does anyone have some input that may be helpful?

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones