• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nokias running Android?

That _can_ run android, or that _do_ run android?

I know that at least the Nokia N810 (a MID, not a phone) has been seen running Android, but that was a 3rd party effort ... not a Nokia sponsored thing. You can't, for example, buy an "N810 Android Edition" or something. So, for their Internet Tablet MIDs: from Nokia, no. But from 3rd parties/hackers/etc. ... it can be done.

As for Android running on any of their phones ... from Nokia, no. From 3rd parties/hackers/etc. ... I am not aware of it having been done.

Upvote 0
For android to run on a Nokia phone you need to create Android compatible drivers for all the parts on the phone which takes a bit of effort. Its not like Windows which supports all the hardware and you can install it on any computer. I'm not sure which Nokia phones have been made to run Android, but if there are any I'm pretty sure they'd be buggy.

Nokia so far haven't made any of their phones support Android. I heard talk of them maybe releasing an Android phone in the future, but I dunno. They own Symbian so they probably want to make their phones run it, but looking at it Android is prefered by a lot of people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones