• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello everyone. I just bought the samsung galaxy wonder (i8150) a little over a week ago - my first android phone! :D I'm loving it so far but there's just a tiny problem and i thought of clearing it up with the experts here.

So i installed this app noled and it's been working great for a few days then just a couple days ago, when i tried to wake my phone up with the home button (without any noled notifications), the screen went blank/black. However the backlight (menu & back), volume & power buttons were all working fine. I could hear the sounds when i tried the volume buttons. I also tried calling myself but the screen was still black that i can't see anything but i could receive calls fine and the ringtone was working. I rebooted the phone by holding down the power keys and the the problem didn't occur again and everything worked fine, so it was a one-time occurence, so far. I'm just worried that the problem might come back.

So i guess i want to know, if noled app could cause these black screen problems? It's my main suspect because there's a noled setting of 'disable touch screen (if your screen is sometimes not responsive)', just to allay my concerns that it's not the phone itself causing the problem.

Thanks in advance :)

This happens on my Captivate every once in a while. Kind of a pain, and I always have to do a battery pull to fix it. Not as annoying as the phone rebooting itself mid-phone call, or calls going straight to voice mail.

I've never used noled, so it's probably not the app. Either a Samsung thing, or an Android thing.

Reactions: Rileyjsg
Upvote 0
Thank you for your inputs :)

The only apps I could think of which may cause the problem are "app lock" and noled since they kinda interfere with the 'normal' phone operation if you know what i mean. Other than those 2 apps, i only have things like ebuddy, whatsapp, you know those. I don't think im running any task killer apps except task manager which comes with the phone? Coming from a leap of faith after being tired of Nokia phones with it's multitude of problems (tired of the repairs :eek:) i was hoping that android will bring good things from now on. Well i'm still keeping my fingers crossed that its somehow a short circuit of something that cause that one-time screen blackout (as yet :thinking:).

If the problems occurs again i'll uninstall noled since its my chief suspect and post updates. I hope all is well from now on. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones