Non-android QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I know this is the forums for the Moment, but was hoping someone could tell if there is an easy way to move pictures from my wifes Sprint HTC Snap (windows mobile device) to my pc WITH OUT having to sync the phone to my pc?

I bought a new SD card for my phone (I have the Moment, and read these forums all the time), and for my wifes HTC Snap. My phone was easy enough to change out the cards, but not exactly sure how to back up my wifes pictures and such from her phone. I don't want to sync it to my pc because i don't want it to try and add any of my contacts, calandar ect....

So how can i back up her photo's so i can change out the cards?

Thanks again

Advertisement
  2. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

Plug the phone into your computer, mount it as a drive; this will allow you to read the SD card. Then copy all files from the card to your desktop.

Now unmount the phone and plug in your new one and copy the files from your desktop to your new phone.

pattonthegen likes this.
  3. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help.

At 1st i could not figure out why her phone kept saying I had to install a SD card in order to do the data transfer. Finally noticed that her camera had been saving all the pic's and video's to the phone and not the SD card this whole time which is why she would get a message all the time saying that she did not have enough space to do certain things.

Is there a setting on the phone that I can set so in the future all pictures and video's are saved to the SD card and not the phone?

I changed out the SD cards and then just cut/paste the pic's and video's over to the new SD card/

4. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

On the Moment, photos, videos and most app settings are saved to your SD card.