1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Non-casual Android/mobile gaming

Last Updated:

1. atlaw01

atlaw01 Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 23, 2012
    So, I hadn't used my Xbox 360 in a while and console gaming was really growing old on me; there wasn't anything that I really cared to play anymore. I had noticed the growing number of games in the Google Play Store that were aimed toward hard-core gamers (Dead Trigger, MC 3, N.O.V.A. 3, ShadowGun, etc.). After looking through these games and really wanting to play them, I decided to trade my Xbox 360 into GameStop and buy a Nexus 7 tablet. I have not received the tablet in the mail yet, but what do you think about mobile gaming and the way it's heading?

2. Pertusaria

Pertusaria Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I think it depends on what you mean by non-casual. Avadon, for example, is a long, involved roleplaying game which I've played on PC and it's been ported to Android, I think successfully. I see a market for this kind of game as tablets of various sizes get more widespread.

However, I would take some persuading to play anything that demanded precise and/or fast aiming on a touch screen. Of course, if controller support becomes reliable, that doesn't always need to be a problem, but you lose some of the appeal of a tablet if you have to prop it up against something while holding the controller.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!