Non-CDMA Phones with Playstation Capability?

1. b4mv

b4mv New Member

Hi guys, Just like the title says.

I'm looking to go to Straight Talk, and I'd like PS support on the phone I'm using, as I like to game quite a bit.

What do you guys recommend?
    Keep in mind, I'll have to buy the phone, so nothing too expensive. 200-250 USD is what i'd like to spend. If something is a really good deal I'd go as high as 300 USD though.

EDIT: Sorry for the Title, NON CDMA phones. I need a SIM card to use with straight talk.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

What do you mean by Playstation compatibility? Do you mean like the Xperia Play or just the Playstation app?
  3. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Do you mean phones that support DLNA? Because a CDMA device wouldn't work on Straight Talk.
  4. b4mv

b4mv New Member

Yes, I meant GSM I guess, I'm not familiar with DLNA. I got GSM confused with CDMA I think.

I'll edit the first post.

What exactly is the difference? Give me recommendations for both if you can :]
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

The Playstation App is technically only available in Europe, but there are modified versions that can be installed on any phone.

The Experia Play has the game controls on the slide out "keyboard" and I think it has games designed specifically for it.
  6. scythefwd

scythefwd Well-Known Member

The xperia play does have a Sony supplied playstation emulator with a very small selection of
    Ofically supported games you can buy from Sony. You can use some third apps to convert isos of you other games and most work well. Im 12 hours into final fantasy vii.