1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Non Contract carrier (MVNO) that uses Verizon Network

1. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member

My dad has decided he wants a smartphone. He does not want a contract carrier and lives in rural Idaho where only Verizon has much coverage. So, I'm looking for a carrier that meets the preceding requirements and possibly allows BYOP. Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Wikipedia's MVNO page has a list of MVNO's and their host networks.
    Gulfstream likes this.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

With Verizon's network, bringing your own device can often be tricky and/or impossible. If you want non-contract, you can sign up for month-to-month or prepaid with Verizon themselves, though the price for m2m would be the same as on contract. Generally the MVNO's that support bring your own device run on AT&T or T-Mobile's towers because their GSM and thus support GSM standards which includes being open to any device compatible as long as you pay your bill. Verizon being a closed propitiatory CDMA network does not generally allow you to bring your device unless it is one they've already approved.
    Gulfstream likes this.
  4. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

I believe Page Plus and Straight Talk both use/have the Verizon option.
    Gulfstream likes this.
  5. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Gulfstream likes this.
  6. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Well-Known Member

Good information folks, thanks for the help!
  7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Glad we could help if you have any more questions feel free to ask :D

And if you are looking into bringing devices over the best option would be to call the carrier you want to get on aboard with and ask them personally if you can.