• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Non-music files showing up on music player.

dannyyang524

Mar 30, 2010
I recently installed Asphalt 5. Apparently, you have to download some stuff in order to play the game. Anyways, I did download it and my problem is, there are sound files that are showing up on my music player. Ex: (raw_000~raw_174) Oh and the sound files are in ".ogg" format.

I did some research and I tried the ".nomedia" method, but that didn't work.

Sorry if this was already answered or if I posted in the wrong section. :(

I realize this is an old thread but I had the same problem and found the solution to it so I thought I'd post it.

The raw_000~raw_174 files that were indexed by winamp in my phone were from the game Dungeon Hunter. The sound files for this game were installed on my sdcard when Dungeon Hunter was installed on my phone.

To fix this I added a folder named ".nomedia" (without quotes) to the directory /mnt/sdcard/gameloft/games/DungeonHunter/data/sounds and restarted my phone. When I opened winamp, it rescanned my sdcard and the raw_000~raw_174 were no longer listed

Things to consider...

1. Make sure to restart your phone or winamp won't rescan the sdcard

2. If they are still showing after you've restarted go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Winamp and clear the user data and restart your phone.

3. If they are still showing up after you cleared the user data and restarted your phone try clearing the data (again), uninstalling winamp, and then reinstalling winamp and then restart your phone (again). I did not have to do this on my phone (Motorola) but I know a few people who also play this game and have winamp and they had to do this on their phones (they had HTC).

4. My .nomedia folder was created using root explorer, other apps may also work but I've heard that it is recommended that you create the folder directly on the sdcard. It is NOT recommended that you create a .nomedia folder on your PC and then transfer it to your android phone.

Random true facts...

using winamp 0.9.2
folder was created using root explorer 2.13.1

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones