Non-Root Users - Sense 3.0 for DHD is rolling out now!General

1. springy

springy Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    Xyro, murzz and El Presidente like this.
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Good news for anyone not rooted then!
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Nothing on their UK Facebook page. I wonder if they're doing what they did with GB and rolling it out to the rest of Europe first, then the UK?
  4. andy_3_913

andy_3_913 Well-Known Member

call me sad, but i quite like sense lol.
    i'm rooted.
    if i install this update. will i be un-rooted?
    if so, can i root again.
    would really miss titanium backup!!
  5. El Presidente

You probably won't be able to update if you're rooted. If you update, you'd definitely lose root though.
  6. andy_3_913

ok.
    have the update downloaded. might give it a try, might not :)
    i assume i would be able to root again though?
  7. El Presidente

You'll need to use the old method (downgrade via ADB) as the AAHK has been taken offline. (unless you have a copy from the last time).
  8. CDPlant

CDPlant Let's dooo-ooo it Guide

I have an older version of the hack kit which I can upload later if you'd like?
    El Presidente likes this.
  9. El Presidente

Thanks CDPlant, as do I.

I spoke to the dev earlier in the week and asked him if I could upload the copy I had to dropbox and place in our guide. He said he'd rather not unfortunately, he's not keen to have copies floating about online.
  10. CDPlant

How come it has been taken offline?
  11. El Presidente

He says he doesn't have time to support it properly, he's got other things to do (CM9 most likely) and he can't stay in the thread all day answering questions. He was also quite angry that people didn't appear to be able to read the manual and the same questions were getting asked over and over and over again.
  12. CDPlant

Fair enough. He is one of the CM team so he must be busy right now. And looking through the xda thread there are an awful lot of similar questions.

Anyway its nice to see the stock Rom getting an update :) there is still love for the DHD
  13. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

1. Will the stock have less speed / battery life than a rom like ARHD ???

2. is having an official update better for me in case i sell my phone later ?? ( ruu and restoring ??)

need quick help- going away next week , dunno whether to root for my trip and to show off to my friends ( who are crapple iphone users ) :)
  14. El Presidente

I'd bite the bullet and root. If you have a copy of the AAHK, then it's easy enough to do.

Generally, custom ROMs will always offer better battery life than stock too.
  15. andy_3_913

El Presidente likes this.
  16. El Presidente

17. CDPlant

From what I read it looks like it is back online again, but I'm reading off my phone which is hard to go through so many pages on xda with
  18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Well-Known Member

Quick question. I still havent upgrade to gingerbread. Will I still be abe to get the 3.0 sense regardless? Or do i need to upgrade to Gingerbread first?
  19. El Presidente

It should be fine, when the update checker polls for an update, if it sees your current software version doesn't match the one on the server, it should download.
  20. ivicakc

ivicakc Well-Known Member

dose anybody know why skins from market (sense 3.0) doesn't work on DHD?
  21. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If you're talking about an OTA update, be aware that trying to install it on a phone running custom firmware/a custom recovery is a very bad idea.