Support Non-rooted desire s wont boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by b4irooturu16, Nov 14, 2012.

1. b4irooturu16

b4irooturu16 New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    Hello all

My desire s started to get slow and laggy and wouldnt boot(white htc screen only-not loop). Gave it a good charge and was ok for about a day but then happened again and tried with/without sd and sim card, from cold, after a long charge but no luck. Also when plug the charger in the status led turns orange only for a couple of seconds and goes out. Hboot wont let me factory reset or enter recovery.

*** LOCKED ***
    SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0002
    RADIO- 3822.10.08.04_M
    eMMC-boot
    Aug 22 2011, 15:22:13

This may or may not be relevant but I previously sent phone back to htc when wouldnt power up or charge before and they said battery was faulty and sent it back with a new one. I then realised the micro usb lead was shorting and bought a longer asda :D one which has also now stopped charging!!! I thought maybe now this battery is no good but tried booting phone with another good battery and same thing.

I have read lots of information on similar problems but this not a rooted phone and not the loop only the white htc screen.

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. If it's not a hardware problem, the only suggestion I would have is a factory reset. This might fix your problems... and might not. Getting laggy etc sounds like a software problem. If you do decide to do a factory reset... be certain to back up everything of value to you such as pics and texts etc...

Tags: