1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

non-samsung charging car mountsTips

1. NotExactly

NotExactly Member

So I have been looking for an ideal car solution to play music from my phone through my stereo. Ideally I would like to see playlists, song names, etc. on the display in my car (2008 infiniti g37) and use the steering wheel controls (much like I did when I had an iPhone) but after a fair amount of research I realize that at this point that's impossible. So I figured the next best solution is to have a car dock for my phone that is easily accessible, (meaning I can easily reach out and change tracks, search for songs, switch to pandora, etc.), charges my phone, puts the phone in vehicle mode, and also has a 3.5mm headphone jack. Clearly the solution was the official Samsung galaxy S2 car dock but after looking at lots of pictures and video reviews, it seems like the dock is very upright and awkward when mounting to the dash. Windshield docking is not really an option for me because that is not particualrly accessible while driving. So I am wondering if there are any other micro-usb, 3.5mm headphone jack containing car mounts on the market that may offer more flexibility in terms of mounting options? Likewise, if anybody has seen or knows a way to modify the official samsung dock to allow it to clip to an AC vent that would also work. THANKS!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mvi57

mvi57 Active Member

Take a look at accessorygeeks.com - they have vent mounts and ones that plug in to the cigarette lighter/charging socket.
  3. IndyDave

IndyDave Active Member