Non Slip Battery CoverTips

Last Updated:

1. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member

Alright guys I've googled till my eyes hurt and can't find what i'm looking for, so i thought i'd come to the experts. In the past i've always been very good to my phones. I don't drop them much and can generally go 2+ years without too much worry about damage. Because i'm gentle on my phones i generally don't have a problem going naked. I'm loving my s4 so far. My only real issue is that the stock battery cover is super slick and it makes me worry that i'm going to drop it more often than i should. I've currently got SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Slim (Amazon.com: [SF COATED] SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Slim ***NEW*** [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Rubbery Feel Non-Slip Grip Matte Hard Case for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500 - ECO-Friendly Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories) on my phone but to be honest it's still a little slippery and while it's minimal i'm not a fan of the added bulk. I've even tried coating the OEM battery cover in plasti dip. I liked the feel, but it peeled off almost immediately. I guess what i'm really looking for is a actual battery cover replacement that has a nonslip, rubberized feel and doesn't add bulk to my phone. Anyone come across something like this for the s4?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Search for a PU leather battery cover on eBay instead of buying a case. That is hwat I have done and if you buy the leather-like on, it will be all poorous and exactly what you are looking for. They are cheap too.
  3. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member

Thanks. Certainly not a bad option. I guess i would prefer something that isn't trying to look like leather, but it's certainly an option if what i'm looking for doesn't exist.
  4. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

I saw a "case" on Amazon that was a thin slice of plastic designed to just snap over the backplate. The cover was designed for those who are using Samsung's smartcover and just want some protection for the back of the phone.

I would think that would make the phone more grippy without making it feel thick.

I totally agree with you about the phone being slippery btw.
  5. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member

Interesting. Any idea what that was called?
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If you do not want a leathery battery door, than check out Nilkin cases for S4. I had one for my Rear 1.5 year ago and bought one for S4 and it does not v add much bulk, but is completely non-slippery
  7. WalkaboutDavid

SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Flip [Flip Mate] [Soft Clear] S-View Cover Protector / Samsung Flip Cover Back Protector for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500
  8. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member

9. WalkaboutDavid

Actually, you are not looking at the case I identified. I can't post links because I am new to the forum. However, the link you have above is for a full case. Spigen also makes a plastic piece that fits over the back only, and is designed for those who cover the face with the smart cover. The specific name of the "case" is in the post above. I'd copy/past that into Amazon and then search on it.