Non-tech savvy newb needs helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. bobatsea

bobatsea New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to transfer pictures from my samsung galexy s to my laptop using the usb cord. Can anyone give me a step by step. I am extremelly non tech savvy. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ummm, plug it in, select Disk Drive mode on the phone. Then go to the DCIM folder on the card, and walla, theres your pics.

3. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

One more gotcha. After you plug the phone into USB and select disk mode you need to go to the notifications bar at the top. There will be a notice that you are connected by USB and would you like to mount your SD cards. You need to click to mount. Then your phone cards (internal and external if you have it) should be mounted as USB drives in windows.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Do tell us if any further complications occur. There are usually fixes for the problems.

5. amymhowes

amymhowes New Member

I have an issue with this as well. I have an iBook G4 (purchased in 2006, mac os x 10.4.11) that doesn't recognize my phone when I connect it. My phone recognizes that it is connected, but my mac doesn't. I mount the device but nothing happens. Is there anyway to fix this?

I did find a way to circumvent the problem via bluetooth, but I was hoping to have all options available.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Yes, enable USB debugging mode.

Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging

That will make the Mac recognise the phone.