none 4g phone choice

Last Updated:

1. swrstock

swrstock Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to get a new sprint phone, but would prefer to save $120 per year by not getting evo or epic.

Should I get a Hero, Moment or Intercept?

What pros and cons can you all throw out there to help.

I have moto q now, so all will be huge step forward.

Thanks in advance for your posts.

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

The Samsung Moment replacement (Intercept, I think). Your best bet would be to find out which phones will get Android 2.2 upgrade. And if you're not pressed to get a new phone now, I'd wait until the fall when phones with 2.2 already installed begin to sell.

If you're not a high landline minute caller, the cheapest EverythingData Plan with Evo's still a better deal than SimplyEverything with another phone. It's hard for me an my wife to hit 450 landline mins if we don't make business calls where most of those minutes are used.

3. swrstock

I like the idea of a Hero (form factor, lots of accessories avail, lots of help in forums and with rooting).

Moment never supported very well by samsung or accessories.

Intercept - like it but there is very little info out there saying if people like it. It has REV-0 instead of REV-A? Talk of resolution being low and different than what most apps are designed for.

Any Intercept owners out there?

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's even out yet.

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

A friend of mine got one 2 days ago, and he already has some issues, and has to bring his intercept back.... Seems to me like it is a bad start when nobody knows it is even released, and those who do have it, need to bring it back to be fixed/traded

6. Rigmaster

There are Samsung fans out there, but I've never believed in Samsung as a phone maker. Doesn't mean they haven't made any good phones, but I just don't see them making great phones and sticking behind the ones they make. This year's a big push for them, but I still don't care for them. I don't see Samsung committing to any phone outside it's Galaxy series. I think they want to be high end.

Again, I'd wait if I was the OP. There will be better 2.2 options soon.

Funny,

7. swrstock

I can't decide between hero or intercept. Any comments from someone who has owned both?

8. Rigmaster

I don't think either will be Android 2.2 or above upgradeable. I haven't owned either, but my wife came within a hair of getting the Moment and is now glad she didn't. We recoup the $10/mo from actually using the Evo's navigation (shortened, needless trips) and finding shopping and dinner deals while on-the-go using the Google search and savings apps.:D

I saved at least $60 this weekend by using 4G for SprintTV and online surfing/gaming insteading dumping more $ into the games at Dave and Buster's.

Our overall plan cost is down from ATT so the Evo was the only option we considered because of the features. It was that or an iPhone, and I just couldn't jump onto the iWagon.

9. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Here is at least one Froyo 2.2 ROM for the Hero. There may be others.