• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nonsensikal (Blue, Vanilla, Black)

Degrading battery life has a lot of causes.. the signal strength (different area? tower issues? etc..) is one, along with GPS and background updating of apps like weather (Weather Bug Elite is a hog on my Eris.. I tossed it a while back) and the biggie for sudden, huge battery drain: a sync loop.

Check for that by going into Facebook, etc and clearing data and cache.. then rebooting, perhaps even re-installing the rogue apps, and perhaps even having to do a factory data reset.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...1-3-1-3-1-continuous-google-contact-sync.html

Well I don't use the Facebook app or widget, so I can eliminate that.
Beautiful Widgets is only supposed to update once every two or three hours.
Sync loop is a possibility, I'm not sure if thats what happened or not though.

Upvote 0
There's a v7 out now. It's great! Very smooth, quick, and no glitches. One thing though... there is an analog clock in between the battery icon and time. What is it for?

That's the icon for the Alarm, check your clock app because you probably have an alarm set on.

Anyone care to post feedback on 7.0. I've been content on this ROM after getting my messaging backup and running. Don't want to ruin a good thing.

7.0 has been great for me. GPS locks faster and everything just seems stable and fast.

Upvote 0
I am running 7.0 Black, and so far I like it. A friend talked me into it after I wouldn't do the Kaos 2.2 because of the glitchy camera.

I cannot figure out what the circle next to the clock is though, I told it to show the battery percentage??? It looks like it is the percentage inside the circle, no battery picture maybe?

Edit: Ahh as the circle starts to disappear it shows what is left... figured it out after killing 10% of the battery playing!

Upvote 0
Black 7 is running slower for me than 5.4 was.

I noticed that my phone was acting real laggy and looked at System Info Widget to see that my RAM was down to 22 Mb. With 5.4 the lowest I ever noticed it was at 35 Mb (didn't really look that often) and I never had lag on that once. I opened up Running Services and everything looked normal. I then opened System Panel and it looked like none of the apps that I had opened since rebooting the phone had closed at all. This is the first time I've ever seen this. Did I miss a setting someplace?

Upvote 0
FYI, under Settings > Applications > Development there is a new option to kill an app by long pressing the back button. The only reason I have the option unchecked is because sometimes if I press the back button too long, it will kill LauncherPro.

I have also noticed my RAM is lower than usual. I really wish we were able to use Autokiller on this ROM.

Upvote 0
FYI, under Settings > Applications > Development there is a new option to kill an app by long pressing the back button. The only reason I have the option unchecked is because sometimes if I press the back button too long, it will kill LauncherPro.

I have also noticed my RAM is lower than usual. I really wish we were able to use Autokiller on this ROM.

Is it getting laggy at all for you? It is smooth as silk until a few apps are opened. I will try checking the long press to close, that may be the reason so much is staying open. I've just been doing the regular quick tap to exit.

I read that 4.3 or 4.6 had autokiller built in, but didn't see it mentioned for 5.4. I assumed that it wasn't in there, but maybe it was and that is why I had so much free RAM. I figured it was because I got rid of Sense.

Upvote 0
Is it getting laggy at all for you? It is smooth as silk until a few apps are opened. I will try checking the long press to close, that may be the reason so much is staying open. I've just been doing the regular quick tap to exit.

I read that 4.3 or 4.6 had autokiller built in, but didn't see it mentioned for 5.4. I assumed that it wasn't in there, but maybe it was and that is why I had so much free RAM. I figured it was because I got rid of Sense.

It is only laggy when I have a lot of apps open. I think the new CFS kernel has something to do with low RAM, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

It is faster then stock for me, and most of the time very snappy, every once in awhile it will slow to a crawl, but it usually frees up.

With stock and the programs I have I was averaging 35-40mb free With Ivans 1.0 I was averaging 60mb free with the same programs, I am at 85-90 free with Nonsensikal 7.0 Black

I don't know where it all came from though.

Upvote 0
Well, I found that the stupid little news & weather genie was set to update every half hour. I turned off the auto-refresh and everything has calmed down. I'm still not back to the way things were on 5.4, but it is much much better. I'm going to continue playing with the settings a bit until I get things just right. I really do love this ROM.

Upvote 0
Well, I found that the stupid little news & weather genie was set to update every half hour. I turned off the auto-refresh and everything has calmed down. I'm still not back to the way things were on 5.4, but it is much much better. I'm going to continue playing with the settings a bit until I get things just right. I really do love this ROM.

Yesterday I had some problems with LauncherPro lagging BADLY and causing a force close that I could not press the buttons. The phone would completely freeze and I would have to reboot/battery pull and it would still do it at boot, but would allow me to press force close. When LP rebooted it worked fine, but the phone would be down about 45 minutes.

I disabled SetCPU at boot and I have not had it happen again yet, I won't play with anything and see what happens, I have been using the phone VERY heavily the last 3 days after I installed this rom because I can do so much more.

I also have had problems with the market, I click install and it tries to download then freezes. I have to go in and click 'cancel download' and try it a few more times. Usually the 3rd time it will take and install. It does not do this every time though.

So far the only thing I miss from sense is the ability to select multiple uploads for attachments or Facebook etc.. and how it automatically showed me the categories of pictures, rather then all my pictures. I now have to sift through about 540 pictures to find the one I want, and they take longer to load.

I hope I find a setting to change that.

Upvote 0
Nonsensikal is up to 7.5 now. I would wait to flash it, though, as there is a camera bug that I am guessing will be fixed soon.

However, one thing I noticed added to the change list for 7.5 is support for ext partitions on the SD card. I'm not sure if it supports the apps2sd that is used by 2.1 ROMs, but at least it will allow you to mount an SD card that you already partitioned for apps2sd for a 2.1 ROM.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I had some problems with LauncherPro lagging BADLY and causing a force close that I could not press the buttons. The phone would completely freeze and I would have to reboot/battery pull and it would still do it at boot, but would allow me to press force close. When LP rebooted it worked fine, but the phone would be down about 45 minutes.

I disabled SetCPU at boot and I have not had it happen again yet, I won't play with anything and see what happens, I have been using the phone VERY heavily the last 3 days after I installed this rom because I can do so much more.

I've had a couple of FC with LP, but if I hit wait it corrects the problem immediately.

I also have had problems with the market, I click install and it tries to download then freezes. I have to go in and click 'cancel download' and try it a few more times. Usually the 3rd time it will take and install. It does not do this every time though.

I think the ROM is set to OC at 710 already. I have SetCPU installed, but I'm really only using the profiles.

So far the only thing I miss from sense is the ability to select multiple uploads for attachments or Facebook etc.. and how it automatically showed me the categories of pictures, rather then all my pictures. I now have to sift through about 540 pictures to find the one I want, and they take longer to load.

I hope I find a setting to change that.

If you put your photos in different folders (Eg Walpaper, family, icons, etc.) then you can go into the gallery and they will be sorted into each folder. You can even select an image from there to view and send via text, email, etc or set as wallpaper. It makes things much easier to manage.

Upvote 0
I've had a couple of FC with LP, but if I hit wait it corrects the problem immediately.

I think the ROM is set to OC at 710 already. I have SetCPU installed, but I'm really only using the profiles.

If you put your photos in different folders (Eg Walpaper, family, icons, etc.) then you can go into the gallery and they will be sorted into each folder. You can even select an image from there to view and send via text, email, etc or set as wallpaper. It makes things much easier to manage.

Mine wouldn't even let me press wait, no buttons worked. If the Rom is at 710 already, is there a problem uninstalling setcpu I don't plan on OCing more then that as I tried and it locked up?

My pictures are in different folders. I just have to get used to going the round about way you mentioned. With Sense I could bring up the Gmail app, and click add attachment then pictures and they would be sorted at that menu as well, now they are not.

So far today it has been fine. --> knock on wood.

Upvote 0
I don't remember what version I was running, but I had nonsensikal and it was great. I believe it was blacked, anyway. I loved the keyboard, but for some reason o showed to kaos, and now I moss the keyboard dearly. Is there a download for that, or do I have to switch back? It might be time to switch again anyway, but I used the one click root and since then I have had trouble restoring. So should I just switch back to an equally awesome Rom? Orstick with what I have and download the keyboard?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones