noob at Droid Eris I have questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. GameCube_Dude

GameCube_Dude Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I'm just saying now don't use any big technical mumbo jumbo with me because I'm a noob with the Droid and I need help. :confused:

1. How do I turn on the vibrate when I'm typing? It was on the first day, but now it isn't. It has some typewriter sound and I don't really like that.

2. So far, I've called 2 of my friends by an accident when my phone was in my pocket. I was sitting in class and my friend was right next to me and he's like "you're calling me" and I'm like ?? so how do I fix that problem. It's kinda getting annoying for my friends and me

thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. alk1

alk1 Well-Known Member

Go to the market and download call confirm and that will no longer be a problem. Good Luck.:D:D:D:D:D

GameCube_Dude likes this.
  3. Beris

Beris Member

Call Confirm sounds like a good app.

Not Call Log is another app that helps prevent unwanted dialing. After making a call, it puts it on another screen. I have mine set to go to the main home screen and I have virtually eliminated unwanted dialing.

4. Adam63impala

Adam63impala Well-Known Member

yeah my phone will be in my pocket and call someone everyday. someone i have never called before. i dont understand that one

Shnuddy likes this.
  5. GameCube_Dude

GameCube_Dude Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help guys I got the app call confirm. can anyone help me with my sound/keyboard problem now?

6. fightthefiction

fightthefiction Member

From your home screen hit menu, settings, language/keyboard, then hit touch input, then text input. Scroll down and u can turn on/off sound and vibrating.

7. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Why not use the swipe lock? I never pocket dial with that.

8. sabakawasaki

sabakawasaki Active Member

I used to have a big problem with pocket dialing and answering. I learned that if you face the screen towards the outside if your pocket, you shouldn't have a problem. I mow I haven't since I started doing this.

9. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member

whats up Gamecube_dude welcome to the forum for most people with the new eris they go to this thread and it helps alot it helped me if you have about just an hour or two your phone will be exactly what you want after exploring this thread check it out let me know you can even Personal message me if need be..

click here

10. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

i got in to the habit of turning my screen off after every use that way i never pocket dial.

11. vmcgrory

vmcgrory New Member

I searched "Call Confirm" and got goofy named programs. Which one do I pick?

12. alk1

alk1 Well-Known Member

The app is actually called call confirm go to the market and search for: Call Confirm . It should be listed there. Good Luck :D:D:D:D:D

13. DroidJW

DroidJW Well-Known Member

+1

14. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Close the dialer app (press the 'home' button) and also put your phone to sleep before putting the phone in your pocket. For me, that prevented pocket dialing.

15. vmcgrory

vmcgrory New Member

When I search, I get these choices: Call Widget Quad, Apriti Sesamo, JobPost, Bemyfriend, Zwoop

Augh!

16. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Which version are you on? 1.5, leaked 2.1v1, leaked 2.1v2, leaked 2.1v3, OTA 2.1, or rooted?

17. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

before it enters my pocket I put my phone into standby. Hit the call end button and the screen goes black...

Never ever pocket dialed.

18. vmcgrory

vmcgrory New Member

I'm a Droid Newbie. How can I tell?

19. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Have you ever flashed one of the leaked version ROMs to your phone (you would know if you did this)? Or did you wait it out and simply receive the over the air update from Verizon?

If you did flash one of the leaks, go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Information and let us know your Firmware version, Baseband version, and Kernel version.