[Noob] Backing up phone info before hard resetting

Last Updated:

1. darksh1nobi

darksh1nobi New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I am a huge Android Forums newbie, but I really needed help with backing up my phone information before hard resetting.
    Basically, the primary email that the phone is running under is an email for a company I no longer work for so I don't have a valid email there. Because I can't log into my work email, I can't log in and download any new application so unless you guys know of a different solution, I guess my only option is to hard reset and then make a new primary account.
    However, I would like to save all my contacts and texts messages [if possible, although I hear it's unlikely], but since I can't download any new applications, I also can't download any storage applications for my phone.

So how do I proceed?
    Thanks in advance!:)

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I'm wondering if an app like Titanium Backup could back up your data...

3. darksh1nobi

Could I download Titanium backup even though I can't access Appbrain or the android market?

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Theoretically you should be able to side load the app. You'd neev to first go into settings to authorize it to install app's outside of the market. The next challenge would be to find a copy of the Titanium Backup APK online.

5. speedyg2012

speedyg2012 Member

Nandroid Backup 2.0 is the best option i think.

6. loki_mast

loki_mast New Member

im in a similar situation. using an unrooted htc dream (tmobile g1) ive gotten a copy of titanium backup. authorised outside aplication and add the app to my sim card, but its not showing up. anything else that i need to do to use this app and posibly save everything that i have on my phone?

7. darksh1nobi

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting a copy of Titanium Back up or Nandroid Backup 2.0?